We would very much appreciate hearing suggestions from you regarding which cities to visit on the East Coast that can offer that charming summertime seaside/seafood experience - lots of lobster, fried belly clams, oysters.
We have business to attend to in Edison, NJ this May. Last year, we embarked on a similar adventure, but stayed at the Mystic Marriott in CT. We visited several Noank, CT seaside restaurants (the very informal, and fun kind - specializing in lobster, and lots of it) and drove around Mystic, CT and had those yummy deep fried belly clams.
We would very much like to recreate this experience, but a little more systematically this time. Our interests include:
1) eating that yummy seafood (we're major foodies)
2) antique stores
3) as close to Edison, NJ as possible (but we realize we'll probably have to drive/ferry somewhere for several hours before we can end up at the places that'll meet our criteria.
4) dress code/atmosphere/experience: we prefer the charming JB Fletcher, Murder She Wrote type of experience, as opposed to the Paris Hilton/bikini-clad/celebrity watching type of holiday.
Since we're from San Francisco, we know absolutely nothing about the area. Budget is not a concern, whatsoever. Our comfort is more important. This is the reason for item #4. We're trying to convey that we just want to walk around comfortably, without having to adhere to the mandatory white linen outfit in the summertime rule. No loud crowds, no see and be seen. We want the experience, without the phoniness.
Thank you very much in advance. I look forward to reading your suggestions
Suggestions pls for a JB Fletcher, not Paris Hilton type holiday
- 1 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 2 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 3 One day in Washington DC
- 4 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 5 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 6 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 7 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 8 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 9 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 10 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 11 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 12 RIP Judy Rogers
- 13 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 14 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 15 Boston area
- 16 Savanah Sojourn
- 17 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 18 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 19 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 20 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 21 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 22 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 23 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 24 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 25 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?