We would very much appreciate hearing suggestions from you regarding which cities to visit on the East Coast that can offer that charming summertime seaside/seafood experience - lots of lobster, fried belly clams, oysters.
We have business to attend to in Edison, NJ this May. Last year, we embarked on a similar adventure, but stayed at the Mystic Marriott in CT. We visited several Noank, CT seaside restaurants (the very informal, and fun kind - specializing in lobster, and lots of it) and drove around Mystic, CT and had those yummy deep fried belly clams.
We would very much like to recreate this experience, but a little more systematically this time. Our interests include:
1) eating that yummy seafood (we're major foodies)
2) antique stores
3) as close to Edison, NJ as possible (but we realize we'll probably have to drive/ferry somewhere for several hours before we can end up at the places that'll meet our criteria.
4) dress code/atmosphere/experience: we prefer the charming JB Fletcher, Murder She Wrote type of experience, as opposed to the Paris Hilton/bikini-clad/celebrity watching type of holiday.
Since we're from San Francisco, we know absolutely nothing about the area. Budget is not a concern, whatsoever. Our comfort is more important. This is the reason for item #4. We're trying to convey that we just want to walk around comfortably, without having to adhere to the mandatory white linen outfit in the summertime rule. No loud crowds, no see and be seen. We want the experience, without the phoniness.
Thank you very much in advance. I look forward to reading your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 GD pochi minuti prima orecchini guess dell inizio della sfilata
- 2 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 3 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 4 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 5 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 6 Maine weather and temps
- 7 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 8 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 9 WA to CT
- 10 L.A. and Sequoia
- 11 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 12 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 13 Alcatrez sold out
- 14 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 15 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 16 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 17 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 18 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 19 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 20 Broadway
- 21 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 22 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 23 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 24 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 25 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
Suggestions pls for a JB Fletcher, not Paris Hilton type holiday