We would very much appreciate hearing suggestions from you regarding which cities to visit on the East Coast that can offer that charming summertime seaside/seafood experience - lots of lobster, fried belly clams, oysters.
We have business to attend to in Edison, NJ this May. Last year, we embarked on a similar adventure, but stayed at the Mystic Marriott in CT. We visited several Noank, CT seaside restaurants (the very informal, and fun kind - specializing in lobster, and lots of it) and drove around Mystic, CT and had those yummy deep fried belly clams.
We would very much like to recreate this experience, but a little more systematically this time. Our interests include:
1) eating that yummy seafood (we're major foodies)
2) antique stores
3) as close to Edison, NJ as possible (but we realize we'll probably have to drive/ferry somewhere for several hours before we can end up at the places that'll meet our criteria.
4) dress code/atmosphere/experience: we prefer the charming JB Fletcher, Murder She Wrote type of experience, as opposed to the Paris Hilton/bikini-clad/celebrity watching type of holiday.
Since we're from San Francisco, we know absolutely nothing about the area. Budget is not a concern, whatsoever. Our comfort is more important. This is the reason for item #4. We're trying to convey that we just want to walk around comfortably, without having to adhere to the mandatory white linen outfit in the summertime rule. No loud crowds, no see and be seen. We want the experience, without the phoniness.
Thank you very much in advance. I look forward to reading your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wine Country
- 2 http://vitaminofhealth.com/leptigen-reviews/
- 3 Rafting the Colorado
- 4 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 5 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 6 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 7 Uber boston
- 8 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 9 Trip to USA in July
- 10 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 11 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 12 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 13 Florida vacation
- 14 Florida beach vacation
- 15 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 16 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 17 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 18 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 19 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 20 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 21 I95
- 22 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 23 What streets are safest to live on in the French Quarter?
- 24 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 25 Pt Everglades to fll
Suggestions pls for a JB Fletcher, not Paris Hilton type holiday