We would very much appreciate hearing suggestions from you regarding which cities to visit on the East Coast that can offer that charming summertime seaside/seafood experience - lots of lobster, fried belly clams, oysters.
We have business to attend to in Edison, NJ this May. Last year, we embarked on a similar adventure, but stayed at the Mystic Marriott in CT. We visited several Noank, CT seaside restaurants (the very informal, and fun kind - specializing in lobster, and lots of it) and drove around Mystic, CT and had those yummy deep fried belly clams.
We would very much like to recreate this experience, but a little more systematically this time. Our interests include:
1) eating that yummy seafood (we're major foodies)
2) antique stores
3) as close to Edison, NJ as possible (but we realize we'll probably have to drive/ferry somewhere for several hours before we can end up at the places that'll meet our criteria.
4) dress code/atmosphere/experience: we prefer the charming JB Fletcher, Murder She Wrote type of experience, as opposed to the Paris Hilton/bikini-clad/celebrity watching type of holiday.
Since we're from San Francisco, we know absolutely nothing about the area. Budget is not a concern, whatsoever. Our comfort is more important. This is the reason for item #4. We're trying to convey that we just want to walk around comfortably, without having to adhere to the mandatory white linen outfit in the summertime rule. No loud crowds, no see and be seen. We want the experience, without the phoniness.
Thank you very much in advance. I look forward to reading your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 2 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 3 car rentals in San Diego
- 4 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 5 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 6 Angels Landing
- 7 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 8 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 9 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 10 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 11 First time visit to California
- 12 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 13 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 14 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 15 NY State Assembly Internship
- 16 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 17 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 18 Touring Hearst Castle
- 19 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 20 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 21 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 22 San Francisco
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 25 Seattle/Vancouver in July
Suggestions pls for a JB Fletcher, not Paris Hilton type holiday