We would very much appreciate hearing suggestions from you regarding which cities to visit on the East Coast that can offer that charming summertime seaside/seafood experience - lots of lobster, fried belly clams, oysters.
We have business to attend to in Edison, NJ this May. Last year, we embarked on a similar adventure, but stayed at the Mystic Marriott in CT. We visited several Noank, CT seaside restaurants (the very informal, and fun kind - specializing in lobster, and lots of it) and drove around Mystic, CT and had those yummy deep fried belly clams.
We would very much like to recreate this experience, but a little more systematically this time. Our interests include:
1) eating that yummy seafood (we're major foodies)
2) antique stores
3) as close to Edison, NJ as possible (but we realize we'll probably have to drive/ferry somewhere for several hours before we can end up at the places that'll meet our criteria.
4) dress code/atmosphere/experience: we prefer the charming JB Fletcher, Murder She Wrote type of experience, as opposed to the Paris Hilton/bikini-clad/celebrity watching type of holiday.
Since we're from San Francisco, we know absolutely nothing about the area. Budget is not a concern, whatsoever. Our comfort is more important. This is the reason for item #4. We're trying to convey that we just want to walk around comfortably, without having to adhere to the mandatory white linen outfit in the summertime rule. No loud crowds, no see and be seen. We want the experience, without the phoniness.
Thank you very much in advance. I look forward to reading your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 2 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 3 http://www.healthsteppolicy.com/revita-beau/
- 4 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 5 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 6 Hawaii Volcanoes
- 7 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 8 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 9 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 10 5 days in Colorado
- 11 Safety Concerns
- 12 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 13 40th in Key West
- 14 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 15 Downtown Chicago
- 16 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 17 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 18 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 19 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 20 What to do in San Diego
- 21 Nashville
- 22 Beaches in Florida
- 23 fort lauderdale
- 24 First Trip to Texas -
- 25 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
Suggestions pls for a JB Fletcher, not Paris Hilton type holiday