We would very much appreciate hearing suggestions from you regarding which cities to visit on the East Coast that can offer that charming summertime seaside/seafood experience - lots of lobster, fried belly clams, oysters.
We have business to attend to in Edison, NJ this May. Last year, we embarked on a similar adventure, but stayed at the Mystic Marriott in CT. We visited several Noank, CT seaside restaurants (the very informal, and fun kind - specializing in lobster, and lots of it) and drove around Mystic, CT and had those yummy deep fried belly clams.
We would very much like to recreate this experience, but a little more systematically this time. Our interests include:
1) eating that yummy seafood (we're major foodies)
2) antique stores
3) as close to Edison, NJ as possible (but we realize we'll probably have to drive/ferry somewhere for several hours before we can end up at the places that'll meet our criteria.
4) dress code/atmosphere/experience: we prefer the charming JB Fletcher, Murder She Wrote type of experience, as opposed to the Paris Hilton/bikini-clad/celebrity watching type of holiday.
Since we're from San Francisco, we know absolutely nothing about the area. Budget is not a concern, whatsoever. Our comfort is more important. This is the reason for item #4. We're trying to convey that we just want to walk around comfortably, without having to adhere to the mandatory white linen outfit in the summertime rule. No loud crowds, no see and be seen. We want the experience, without the phoniness.
Thank you very much in advance. I look forward to reading your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://joannagainesskincare.com/ultavive-garcinia-za/
- 2 Primal Shred – Primal Shred Its Work Muscle Growth For Male
- 3 Planning our Move
- 4 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 5 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 6 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 7 Wilmington DE questions
- 8 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 9 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 10 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 11 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 12 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 13 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 14 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 15 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 16 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 17 Hotel advise Chicago
- 18 Maui and Kauai
- 19 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 20 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 21 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 22 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 23 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 24 Trip to Cali
- 25 NYC Hotel Decision
Suggestions pls for a JB Fletcher, not Paris Hilton type holiday