We would very much appreciate hearing suggestions from you regarding which cities to visit on the East Coast that can offer that charming summertime seaside/seafood experience - lots of lobster, fried belly clams, oysters.
We have business to attend to in Edison, NJ this May. Last year, we embarked on a similar adventure, but stayed at the Mystic Marriott in CT. We visited several Noank, CT seaside restaurants (the very informal, and fun kind - specializing in lobster, and lots of it) and drove around Mystic, CT and had those yummy deep fried belly clams.
We would very much like to recreate this experience, but a little more systematically this time. Our interests include:
1) eating that yummy seafood (we're major foodies)
2) antique stores
3) as close to Edison, NJ as possible (but we realize we'll probably have to drive/ferry somewhere for several hours before we can end up at the places that'll meet our criteria.
4) dress code/atmosphere/experience: we prefer the charming JB Fletcher, Murder She Wrote type of experience, as opposed to the Paris Hilton/bikini-clad/celebrity watching type of holiday.
Since we're from San Francisco, we know absolutely nothing about the area. Budget is not a concern, whatsoever. Our comfort is more important. This is the reason for item #4. We're trying to convey that we just want to walk around comfortably, without having to adhere to the mandatory white linen outfit in the summertime rule. No loud crowds, no see and be seen. We want the experience, without the phoniness.
Thank you very much in advance. I look forward to reading your suggestions
Suggestions pls for a JB Fletcher, not Paris Hilton type holiday
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 4 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 5 united and carry-ons
- 6 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 7 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 8 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 9 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 10 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 11 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 14 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 15 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 16 Philadelphia
- 17 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 18 USA with a 3 year old
- 19 First family ski trip
- 20 NYC theatre broadway
- 21 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 22 Universal studios/Orlando
- 23 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 24 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 25 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings