We would very much appreciate hearing suggestions from you regarding which cities to visit on the East Coast that can offer that charming summertime seaside/seafood experience - lots of lobster, fried belly clams, oysters.
We have business to attend to in Edison, NJ this May. Last year, we embarked on a similar adventure, but stayed at the Mystic Marriott in CT. We visited several Noank, CT seaside restaurants (the very informal, and fun kind - specializing in lobster, and lots of it) and drove around Mystic, CT and had those yummy deep fried belly clams.
We would very much like to recreate this experience, but a little more systematically this time. Our interests include:
1) eating that yummy seafood (we're major foodies)
2) antique stores
3) as close to Edison, NJ as possible (but we realize we'll probably have to drive/ferry somewhere for several hours before we can end up at the places that'll meet our criteria.
4) dress code/atmosphere/experience: we prefer the charming JB Fletcher, Murder She Wrote type of experience, as opposed to the Paris Hilton/bikini-clad/celebrity watching type of holiday.
Since we're from San Francisco, we know absolutely nothing about the area. Budget is not a concern, whatsoever. Our comfort is more important. This is the reason for item #4. We're trying to convey that we just want to walk around comfortably, without having to adhere to the mandatory white linen outfit in the summertime rule. No loud crowds, no see and be seen. We want the experience, without the phoniness.
Thank you very much in advance. I look forward to reading your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 KitKat Helpline 1800*570*1233 for yahoo mail error cutting help online
- 2 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 3 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 4 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 7 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 8 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 9 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 10 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 11 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 12 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 13 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 14 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 15 AR State Parks
- 16 California Trip
- 17 101 closure
- 18 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 19 Sonoma
- 20 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 21 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 22 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 23 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 24 Road trip around Washington DC
- 25 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
Suggestions pls for a JB Fletcher, not Paris Hilton type holiday