We are planning a trip to the west Coast end of July. We will spend 4 days in LA and then want to drive to Portland and back in 8 days. I was told that the drive from North to South is better along the Coast. So we want to take I-5 and go up to Portland and drive back along the coast. Main focus on this trip is Nature. We would like to cover some National Parks and enjoy the drive.
Are there any trip reports that someone could direct me to or make suggestions on what we should see and what could be avoided.
We will be traveling with my 12 yr old. He has a lot of patience.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Suggestions needed for a Road Trip (LA to Oregon and back)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brooklyn why?
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 WISCONSIN
- 4 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 7 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 8 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 9 New York City Restaurants
- 10 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 11 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 12 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 13 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 14 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 15 Dining in D.C.
- 16 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 17 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 18 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 19 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 20 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 21 Colorado in the summer!
- 22 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 23 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 24 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 25 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?