We are planning a trip to the west Coast end of July. We will spend 4 days in LA and then want to drive to Portland and back in 8 days. I was told that the drive from North to South is better along the Coast. So we want to take I-5 and go up to Portland and drive back along the coast. Main focus on this trip is Nature. We would like to cover some National Parks and enjoy the drive.
Are there any trip reports that someone could direct me to or make suggestions on what we should see and what could be avoided.
We will be traveling with my 12 yr old. He has a lot of patience.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 2 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 3 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 4 Northwest Passage
- 5 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 6 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 7 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 8 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 9 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 10 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 11 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 12 Sonoma
- 13 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 14 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 15 Alaska cruise
- 16 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 17 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 18 101 closure
- 19 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 20 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 21 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 22 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 23 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
Suggestions needed for a Road Trip (LA to Oregon and back)