We are planning a trip to the west Coast end of July. We will spend 4 days in LA and then want to drive to Portland and back in 8 days. I was told that the drive from North to South is better along the Coast. So we want to take I-5 and go up to Portland and drive back along the coast. Main focus on this trip is Nature. We would like to cover some National Parks and enjoy the drive.
Are there any trip reports that someone could direct me to or make suggestions on what we should see and what could be avoided.
We will be traveling with my 12 yr old. He has a lot of patience.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 2 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 3 California road trip
- 4 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 5 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 6 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 7 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 8 Moving to Montana
- 9 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 10 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 11 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 12 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 13 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 14 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 15 Oregon Coast question
- 16 Savanah GA
- 17 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 18 Florida with a 2 year old
- 19 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 20 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 21 Colorado itinerary
- 22 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 23 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 24 Yellowstone NP planning questions
- 25 Boat Tour Suggestion in Kauai or Helicopter Instead?
Suggestions needed for a Road Trip (LA to Oregon and back)