We are planning a trip to the west Coast end of July. We will spend 4 days in LA and then want to drive to Portland and back in 8 days. I was told that the drive from North to South is better along the Coast. So we want to take I-5 and go up to Portland and drive back along the coast. Main focus on this trip is Nature. We would like to cover some National Parks and enjoy the drive.
Are there any trip reports that someone could direct me to or make suggestions on what we should see and what could be avoided.
We will be traveling with my 12 yr old. He has a lot of patience.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://drfouly.net/le-revive-skincare/
- 2 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 3 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 4 Metropolitan Movers Newmarket GTA North
- 5 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 6 A great gift for various occasions
- 7 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 8 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 9 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 10 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 11 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 12 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 13 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 14 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 15 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 16 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 17 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 18 road trip
- 19 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 20 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 21 Florida in October
- 22 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 23 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 24 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 25 FLL to Key West
Suggestions needed for a Road Trip (LA to Oregon and back)