We are planning a trip to the west Coast end of July. We will spend 4 days in LA and then want to drive to Portland and back in 8 days. I was told that the drive from North to South is better along the Coast. So we want to take I-5 and go up to Portland and drive back along the coast. Main focus on this trip is Nature. We would like to cover some National Parks and enjoy the drive.
Are there any trip reports that someone could direct me to or make suggestions on what we should see and what could be avoided.
We will be traveling with my 12 yr old. He has a lot of patience.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 2 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 3 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 4 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 5 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 6 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 7 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 8 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 9 Great OR beach house locations?
- 10 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 11 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 12 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 13 Ideas for New York
- 14 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 15 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 16 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 17 No Spam this morning!!
- 18 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 19 Honeymoon on PCH
- 20 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 21 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 22 San Francisco transit options
- 23 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 24 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 25 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
Suggestions needed for a Road Trip (LA to Oregon and back)