We are planning a trip to the west Coast end of July. We will spend 4 days in LA and then want to drive to Portland and back in 8 days. I was told that the drive from North to South is better along the Coast. So we want to take I-5 and go up to Portland and drive back along the coast. Main focus on this trip is Nature. We would like to cover some National Parks and enjoy the drive.
Are there any trip reports that someone could direct me to or make suggestions on what we should see and what could be avoided.
We will be traveling with my 12 yr old. He has a lot of patience.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 2 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 3 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 4 Go NY Tour bus accident - 15 hurt
- 5 TestoGen Reviews - Best Testosterone Booster?
- 6 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 7 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 8 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 9 Rhode Island Beach Vacation?
- 10 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 11 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 12 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 13 Oregon road trip
- 14 Southampton to JFK drive time and car service
- 15 US Open Tennis
- 16 Girl's trip to San Francisco
- 17 Dad & 15 year old daughter in NYC
- 18 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 19 Monterey peninsula traffic Labor Day weekend.
- 20 conflicting restaurant reports
- 21 Itinerary Help Bryce and Zion
- 22 South Seattle to Sacrememto via San Fran! Help!
- 23 MOAB NP
- 24 DC for 3 hours
- 25 Visiting Miami
Suggestions needed for a Road Trip (LA to Oregon and back)