I'm taking a trip to Yosemite the week of August 13th. We're staying in CA until 8/19 or 20. RIght now, we have a place in Yosemite from 8/13-8/16 (am checkout), but I'm wondering where to spend the remainder of my time. There's so many choices, but everything's a bit spread out, so it's hard to decide. I'm East Coast, so 3-4 hours between places seems like an eternity! It's my first vacation in CA, and my husband's first trip to CA and the west coast, so I don't want to blow it!
We both like hiking, sightseeing, being active but not overly so. We are not campers, and won't be bringing camping supplies with us. I'm not sure whether to stay in the Yosemite area and do things in that vicinity, or if it's a fun trip to head towards the coast and spend a few days there. Also, is it advisable to fly in and leave from the same airport, or perhaps fly into one and leave via another? I'm not an experienced travel planner. I definitely want to fly into Fresno, so we can get to Yosemite in a reasonable time, but not sure where to fly out from, based on not having set plans yet.
Thanks in advance for any advise or suggestions!
Suggestions for Yosemite Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 4 Cape Cod in early April
- 5 united and carry-ons
- 6 USA with a 3 year old
- 7 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 8 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 11 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 12 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 13 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 14 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 15 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 16 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 17 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 18 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 19 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 20 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 21 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 22 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 23 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 24 Philadelphia
- 25 Arizona road trip any changes?