I'm taking a trip to Yosemite the week of August 13th. We're staying in CA until 8/19 or 20. RIght now, we have a place in Yosemite from 8/13-8/16 (am checkout), but I'm wondering where to spend the remainder of my time. There's so many choices, but everything's a bit spread out, so it's hard to decide. I'm East Coast, so 3-4 hours between places seems like an eternity! It's my first vacation in CA, and my husband's first trip to CA and the west coast, so I don't want to blow it!
We both like hiking, sightseeing, being active but not overly so. We are not campers, and won't be bringing camping supplies with us. I'm not sure whether to stay in the Yosemite area and do things in that vicinity, or if it's a fun trip to head towards the coast and spend a few days there. Also, is it advisable to fly in and leave from the same airport, or perhaps fly into one and leave via another? I'm not an experienced travel planner. I definitely want to fly into Fresno, so we can get to Yosemite in a reasonable time, but not sure where to fly out from, based on not having set plans yet.
Thanks in advance for any advise or suggestions!
Suggestions for Yosemite Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 4 Washington DC in Spring?
- 5 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 6 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 7 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 8 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 9 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 10 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 11 Richmond highlights?
- 12 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 13 Must Eats
- 14 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 15 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 16 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 17 Florida St George's Island
- 18 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 19 Union Square area restaurant
- 20 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???