I'm taking a trip to Yosemite the week of August 13th. We're staying in CA until 8/19 or 20. RIght now, we have a place in Yosemite from 8/13-8/16 (am checkout), but I'm wondering where to spend the remainder of my time. There's so many choices, but everything's a bit spread out, so it's hard to decide. I'm East Coast, so 3-4 hours between places seems like an eternity! It's my first vacation in CA, and my husband's first trip to CA and the west coast, so I don't want to blow it!
We both like hiking, sightseeing, being active but not overly so. We are not campers, and won't be bringing camping supplies with us. I'm not sure whether to stay in the Yosemite area and do things in that vicinity, or if it's a fun trip to head towards the coast and spend a few days there. Also, is it advisable to fly in and leave from the same airport, or perhaps fly into one and leave via another? I'm not an experienced travel planner. I definitely want to fly into Fresno, so we can get to Yosemite in a reasonable time, but not sure where to fly out from, based on not having set plans yet.
Thanks in advance for any advise or suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 2 Help us choose a hotel
- 3 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 4 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 5 Staying outside DC
- 6 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 7 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 8 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 9 Ideas for New York
- 10 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 11 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 12 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 13 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 14 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 15 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 16 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 17 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 18 New York in December
- 19 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 20 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 21 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 22 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 23 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 24 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 25 Suggestions for a Week in Portland