My husband, son(11), and I are planning a visit to Washington, DC for an upcoming week on Wed-Sun departing early that last day. My husband has business on Wednesday all day and Thursday morning. I am hoping to get suggestions for an itinerary for Thursday afternoon, Friday and Saturday for all 3 of us and things to do on Wednesday for just my son and me. We are staying at the Wardman Mariott the first couple of nights and at a Georgetown Marriott the last two. We do have tickets for a White House tour at noon on Sat. and for the US Capital on Fri. at 11am. Had been hoping for those on the same day as we'd like to make it out to Mt. Vernon one day, too. Does anyone have suggestions for an itinerary and what might interest my 11 year old especially for that Wed. and on Thur. afternoon?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 2 Alaska cruise
- 3 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 4 Sonoma
- 5 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 6 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 7 New Orleans
- 8 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 9 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 10 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 11 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 12 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 13 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 14 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 15 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 16 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 17 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 18 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 19 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 20 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 21 AR State Parks
- 22 California Trip
- 23 101 closure
- 24 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 25 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part