My husband, son(11), and I are planning a visit to Washington, DC for an upcoming week on Wed-Sun departing early that last day. My husband has business on Wednesday all day and Thursday morning. I am hoping to get suggestions for an itinerary for Thursday afternoon, Friday and Saturday for all 3 of us and things to do on Wednesday for just my son and me. We are staying at the Wardman Mariott the first couple of nights and at a Georgetown Marriott the last two. We do have tickets for a White House tour at noon on Sat. and for the US Capital on Fri. at 11am. Had been hoping for those on the same day as we'd like to make it out to Mt. Vernon one day, too. Does anyone have suggestions for an itinerary and what might interest my 11 year old especially for that Wed. and on Thur. afternoon?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help with first time
- 2 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 3 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 4 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 5 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 6 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 7 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 8 New York City never gets Old! A long "Christmasy" weekend.
- 9 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 10 Discounted Rental Car?
- 11 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 12 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 13 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 14 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 15 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 16 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 17 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 18 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 19 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 20 BYOB in New York City
- 21 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 22 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 23 Inexpensive family getaways
- 24 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 25 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?