My husband, son(11), and I are planning a visit to Washington, DC for an upcoming week on Wed-Sun departing early that last day. My husband has business on Wednesday all day and Thursday morning. I am hoping to get suggestions for an itinerary for Thursday afternoon, Friday and Saturday for all 3 of us and things to do on Wednesday for just my son and me. We are staying at the Wardman Mariott the first couple of nights and at a Georgetown Marriott the last two. We do have tickets for a White House tour at noon on Sat. and for the US Capital on Fri. at 11am. Had been hoping for those on the same day as we'd like to make it out to Mt. Vernon one day, too. Does anyone have suggestions for an itinerary and what might interest my 11 year old especially for that Wed. and on Thur. afternoon?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 2 5 Days near Denver
- 3 Hotel in Austin
- 4 Sonoma alley in May
- 5 Austin TX restaurants
- 6 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 7 Help Reno,Tahoe,San Fran 6 Day Trip
- 8 Lake Champlain, VT
- 9 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 10 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 11 What is the best way to get from Newark Airport to JFK
- 12 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 13 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 14 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 15 First time to Alaska - with kids
- 16 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 17 Family trip - driving from SF to LAX
- 18 Boston / VT August
- 19 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 20 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 21 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 22 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 23 Boston Ideas
- 24 14 Day Itinerary for Alaska in an RV
- 25 Week in LA & San Francisco