My husband, son(11), and I are planning a visit to Washington, DC for an upcoming week on Wed-Sun departing early that last day. My husband has business on Wednesday all day and Thursday morning. I am hoping to get suggestions for an itinerary for Thursday afternoon, Friday and Saturday for all 3 of us and things to do on Wednesday for just my son and me. We are staying at the Wardman Mariott the first couple of nights and at a Georgetown Marriott the last two. We do have tickets for a White House tour at noon on Sat. and for the US Capital on Fri. at 11am. Had been hoping for those on the same day as we'd like to make it out to Mt. Vernon one day, too. Does anyone have suggestions for an itinerary and what might interest my 11 year old especially for that Wed. and on Thur. afternoon?
Suggestions for Washington, DC visit
- 1 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 2 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 3 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 4 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 5 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 6 Blue ridge parkway
- 7 One day in NYC
- 8 Updates from Hanalei
- 9 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 10 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 11 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 12 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 13 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 14 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 15 Minnesota State Fair
- 16 Trying To Find a Place
- 17 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 18 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 19 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 20 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 21 Logan Express
- 22 Yet another question about which DC Metro pass to purchase
- 23 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?
- 24 Looking for inexpensive lodging near Dulles Airport
- 25 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights