A group of four to six (late 40's to 60) women from Texas will be taking a week long trip at the beginning of August. Our only requirement is the weather. We want to escape the unbearable heat of Texas and find a spot where you need a jacket at night and the temps do not usually head over 80 degrees during the day. We want to get a vacation rental for the week. Our interests are varied so I am sure most anywhere would be perfect for us. Some like shopping, some like outdoor activities such as fishing, some just like hanging out and reading. We love good food and wine so having some food options would be nice as well. Thank you in advance dear fodorites...you always come through.
Suggestions for U.S.weeklong vacation in August with cool temps???
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 3 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 4 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 5 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 6 Dinner in Miami
- 7 Orlando to Savannah
- 8 Tipping advice
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 11 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 12 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 13 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 14 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 15 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 16 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 17 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 18 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 Christmas weather?
- 25 Big island itinerary