My boyfriend and I are hoping to get away for a weekend this winter (late Jan/early Feb). We were originally planning to stay in the New England area (leaving from MA), but found the Mohonk Mountain House and loved everything except the price, so I'm open to the NY area as well. Ideally, I'm looking for a winter wonderland - somewhere to cozy up by a fire, go ice skating, tubing, cross country skiing, drink hot chocolate, etc. Any suggestions? I'd also like to keep it somewhere around $500, if possible. I have looked on Groupon/Living Social and nothing really caught my eye that was available in Jan/Feb. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Suggestions for a North East winter weekend getaway?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 2 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 3 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 4 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 5 Balloon fest hotels
- 6 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 7 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 8 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 9 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 10 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 11 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 12 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 13 Transportation help in Philly
- 14 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 15 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 16 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 17 New York Trip
- 18 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 21 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 22 palm desert, CA
- 23 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 24 late-night DC restaurant
- 25 Philadelphia ?