My boyfriend and I are hoping to get away for a weekend this winter (late Jan/early Feb). We were originally planning to stay in the New England area (leaving from MA), but found the Mohonk Mountain House and loved everything except the price, so I'm open to the NY area as well. Ideally, I'm looking for a winter wonderland - somewhere to cozy up by a fire, go ice skating, tubing, cross country skiing, drink hot chocolate, etc. Any suggestions? I'd also like to keep it somewhere around $500, if possible. I have looked on Groupon/Living Social and nothing really caught my eye that was available in Jan/Feb. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Suggestions for a North East winter weekend getaway?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 2 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 3 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 6 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 7 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 8 NW Houston restaurant help
- 9 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 10 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 12 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 13 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 14 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 15 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 18 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 19 charleston during Christmas Week
- 20 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 21 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 24 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 25 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation