My boyfriend and I are hoping to get away for a weekend this winter (late Jan/early Feb). We were originally planning to stay in the New England area (leaving from MA), but found the Mohonk Mountain House and loved everything except the price, so I'm open to the NY area as well. Ideally, I'm looking for a winter wonderland - somewhere to cozy up by a fire, go ice skating, tubing, cross country skiing, drink hot chocolate, etc. Any suggestions? I'd also like to keep it somewhere around $500, if possible. I have looked on Groupon/Living Social and nothing really caught my eye that was available in Jan/Feb. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Suggestions for a North East winter weekend getaway?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 2 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 3 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 4 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 5 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 6 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 7 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 8 Is the New York subway safe?
- 9 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 10 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 11 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 12 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 13 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 14 Where to from Tampa?
- 15 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 16 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 17 Skiing New Mexico
- 18 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 19 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 20 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 21 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 22 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 23 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 24 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week