I am thinking about a trip to grand canyon with my family in the first half march.
We will be traveling from Springfield, IL. I thought of getting a flight+hotel combo deal to las vegas, spend a day or two in las vegas and then either rent a car to go to grand canyon or get the tours for grand canyon.
So how does it sound so far? Is there a better alternative where I can save some money. Las Vegas is not really a place we HAVE to see, but it seemed to me that going that route will save me money and we will be able to see las vegas as well. I am open to other ideas.
Now some other questions,
1. Is first half of March bad for grand canyon visit? We cannot postpone the trip. Are we better off going somewhere else? My parents really want to see the grand canyon, however they came to USA during winter and hence the problem.
2. If my above plan about going to vegas and then going to the canyon is not good, i would like to hear some alternative plans.
3. If we go for the vegas route, is going to san fransisco or any other nice places in the west coast feasible?
4. How many days it would take for the trip? I will have at the most a week for this trip.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 2 Steamboat in August
- 3 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 4 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 5 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 6 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 7 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 8 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 9 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 10 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 11 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 12 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 13 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 14 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 15 Cape cod Labor Day
- 16 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 17 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 18 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 19 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 20 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 21 US Open Tennis
- 22 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 23 Hotels in San Diego
- 24 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 25 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise