I am thinking about a trip to grand canyon with my family in the first half march.
We will be traveling from Springfield, IL. I thought of getting a flight+hotel combo deal to las vegas, spend a day or two in las vegas and then either rent a car to go to grand canyon or get the tours for grand canyon.
So how does it sound so far? Is there a better alternative where I can save some money. Las Vegas is not really a place we HAVE to see, but it seemed to me that going that route will save me money and we will be able to see las vegas as well. I am open to other ideas.
Now some other questions,
1. Is first half of March bad for grand canyon visit? We cannot postpone the trip. Are we better off going somewhere else? My parents really want to see the grand canyon, however they came to USA during winter and hence the problem.
2. If my above plan about going to vegas and then going to the canyon is not good, i would like to hear some alternative plans.
3. If we go for the vegas route, is going to san fransisco or any other nice places in the west coast feasible?
4. How many days it would take for the trip? I will have at the most a week for this trip.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://moviplanet.org/atomica-full-movie/
- 2 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 3 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 4 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 5 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 6 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 7 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 8 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 9 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 10 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 11 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 12 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 13 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 14 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 15 Summer trip
- 16 How many states have you been to?
- 17 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 18 Florida keys trip
- 19 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 20 Route Planning for East USA
- 21 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 22 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 23 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 24 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 25 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park