I am thinking about a trip to grand canyon with my family in the first half march.
We will be traveling from Springfield, IL. I thought of getting a flight+hotel combo deal to las vegas, spend a day or two in las vegas and then either rent a car to go to grand canyon or get the tours for grand canyon.
So how does it sound so far? Is there a better alternative where I can save some money. Las Vegas is not really a place we HAVE to see, but it seemed to me that going that route will save me money and we will be able to see las vegas as well. I am open to other ideas.
Now some other questions,
1. Is first half of March bad for grand canyon visit? We cannot postpone the trip. Are we better off going somewhere else? My parents really want to see the grand canyon, however they came to USA during winter and hence the problem.
2. If my above plan about going to vegas and then going to the canyon is not good, i would like to hear some alternative plans.
3. If we go for the vegas route, is going to san fransisco or any other nice places in the west coast feasible?
4. How many days it would take for the trip? I will have at the most a week for this trip.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 2 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 3 yk's Family Trip to the Berkshires, 2016
- 4 Fort Myers Area
- 5 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 6 Opinions: key west accommodation
- 7 Fall in Ozarks
- 8 Uber availability on Long Island
- 9 Christmas Day in NYC?
- 10 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 11 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 12 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 13 Escrunchy's can you pls recommend a guide for Charleston
- 14 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 15 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 16 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 17 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 18 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 19 Hawaii with older parents
- 20 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 21 California/Yosemite
- 22 Road trip from MS to Bandera, TX
- 23 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 24 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 25 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017