I am thinking about a trip to grand canyon with my family in the first half march.
We will be traveling from Springfield, IL. I thought of getting a flight+hotel combo deal to las vegas, spend a day or two in las vegas and then either rent a car to go to grand canyon or get the tours for grand canyon.
So how does it sound so far? Is there a better alternative where I can save some money. Las Vegas is not really a place we HAVE to see, but it seemed to me that going that route will save me money and we will be able to see las vegas as well. I am open to other ideas.
Now some other questions,
1. Is first half of March bad for grand canyon visit? We cannot postpone the trip. Are we better off going somewhere else? My parents really want to see the grand canyon, however they came to USA during winter and hence the problem.
2. If my above plan about going to vegas and then going to the canyon is not good, i would like to hear some alternative plans.
3. If we go for the vegas route, is going to san fransisco or any other nice places in the west coast feasible?
4. How many days it would take for the trip? I will have at the most a week for this trip.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Western US Road Trip- PeakBagging
- 2 Travelling from New York to JFK
- 3 Taking Onery Teens to LA for 4 days....
- 4 Yosemite Hike
- 5 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 6 The District by Hilton Club
- 7 Montana or Wyoming special vacation
- 8 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 9 Acadia National Park
- 10 Martha's Vineyard. Nantucket/ Maine/ Cape cod
- 11 Anniversary destination
- 12 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 13 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 14 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 15 Florida Coffee Roasters
- 16 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 17 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 18 4th of July in Chicago
- 19 Visiting New York State
- 20 Driving from Denver to San Francisco in July
- 21 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 22 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 23 NYC hotel w/great room view for 30th anniv.
- 24 Colorado Hiking in September
- 25 nashville,tenn