I will be flying into Tampa on a Thu evening and leaving on Monday morning (this weekend actually) and wanted to know of a good base and sugestions for activities.
I thought of everglads but quite a drive for 2.5 days (will leave Tampa on Fri say 10 am and flying out at 11:30 am on Monday).
Thinking about staying in maybe Siesta Key for 3 nights (not sure of good hotels/b&b's) also open to other ideas.
I like to mix a bit of activity, kayaking, some snorkeing/hiking with just relaxing, strolling along town, good eating etc.
Suggestions welcome (I have not been to Tampa area so pretty much a newbie)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 2 Las Vegas Vacation
- 3 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 4 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 5 moving to Florida
- 6 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 7 Arizona in winter
- 8 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 9 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 10 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 11 DC restaurant report
- 12 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 13 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 14 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 15 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 16 Northern California Redwoods
- 17 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 18 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 19 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 20 Neue Galerie
- 21 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 22 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 23 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 24 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 25 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula