I will be flying into Tampa on a Thu evening and leaving on Monday morning (this weekend actually) and wanted to know of a good base and sugestions for activities.
I thought of everglads but quite a drive for 2.5 days (will leave Tampa on Fri say 10 am and flying out at 11:30 am on Monday).
Thinking about staying in maybe Siesta Key for 3 nights (not sure of good hotels/b&b's) also open to other ideas.
I like to mix a bit of activity, kayaking, some snorkeing/hiking with just relaxing, strolling along town, good eating etc.
Suggestions welcome (I have not been to Tampa area so pretty much a newbie)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 2 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 3 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 4 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 5 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 6 south west family trip itinerary
- 7 Relocating to the Deep South
- 8 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 9 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 10 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 11 wasting time around JFK
- 12 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 13 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 14 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 15 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 16 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 17 SF Restaurant
- 18 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 19 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>
- 20 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 21 Chicago-Family Reunion Ideas
- 22 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 25 Warren & Annbelle's Maui