I will be flying into Tampa on a Thu evening and leaving on Monday morning (this weekend actually) and wanted to know of a good base and sugestions for activities.
I thought of everglads but quite a drive for 2.5 days (will leave Tampa on Fri say 10 am and flying out at 11:30 am on Monday).
Thinking about staying in maybe Siesta Key for 3 nights (not sure of good hotels/b&b's) also open to other ideas.
I like to mix a bit of activity, kayaking, some snorkeing/hiking with just relaxing, strolling along town, good eating etc.
Suggestions welcome (I have not been to Tampa area so pretty much a newbie)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 2 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 3 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 4 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 5 road trip
- 6 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 7 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 8 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 9 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 10 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 11 Florida in October
- 12 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 13 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 14 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 15 FLL to Key West
- 16 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 17 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 18 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 19 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 20 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 21 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 22 New England Road Trip
- 23 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 24 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 25 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo