My husband and I are returning to southern Utah & northern Arizona after ten years, and we are so excited to see the sites again. The last time we traveled to Page, AZ from the south (gorgeous views of Marble Canyon). The portion I need to know about this time is Springdale, UT to Page, AZ. Should we go the northern part of Route 89, or the southern part of Route 89? What is the difference time-wise and scenic-wise? Also, on our way to Moab-- in addition to Canyonlands, Arches, and Dead Horse Point, do you recommend the Needles Overlook, and Anticline Overlook which we didn't see the last time? Am I correct that those are separate roads from Canyonlands? Thanks so much in advance!
Suggested Route for Springdale, UT to Page, AZ
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 2 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 3 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 4 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 5 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 6 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 7 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 8 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 9 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 10 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 11 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 12 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 California road trip
- 16 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 17 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 18 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 19 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 20 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 21 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 22 Yosemite Fire
- 23 Lodging - Yosemite
- 24 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 25 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr