I would like some suggestions for planning a 7 day driving holiday starting in Clarksdale and ending in Memphis. I am from Australia and will be spending a week in Clarksdale for a harmonica jam camp. My husband will join me at the end of the camp and we have 7 days to fill in before we join an escorted tour which starts in Memphis and visits Nashville, Louisville, Lexington, Gatlinburg and ends in Atlanta. We don't want to be pushing it each day, but rather take our time to soak up the experience. Since Memphis, Graceland & Nashville will be covered on the tour, I thought of heading south and would like to stop in Natchez as it will be the Fall Pilgrimage when we are there. Is New Orleans too far? Should we include a stop at Vicksburg & Jackson? Any suggestions of where to stop, eat and stay would be appreciated.
Suggested itinerary for 7 day roadtrip Deep South
View all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 2 Fripp island
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 5 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 6 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 7 Hotel near Public Theater
- 8 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 11 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 12 San Antonio
- 13 hotel near Met NYC
- 14 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 15 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 16 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 17 Oahu Information
- 18 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 19 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 20 Warm and don't Drive
- 21 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 22 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 23 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 One day in Washington DC