I would like some suggestions for planning a 7 day driving holiday starting in Clarksdale and ending in Memphis. I am from Australia and will be spending a week in Clarksdale for a harmonica jam camp. My husband will join me at the end of the camp and we have 7 days to fill in before we join an escorted tour which starts in Memphis and visits Nashville, Louisville, Lexington, Gatlinburg and ends in Atlanta. We don't want to be pushing it each day, but rather take our time to soak up the experience. Since Memphis, Graceland & Nashville will be covered on the tour, I thought of heading south and would like to stop in Natchez as it will be the Fall Pilgrimage when we are there. Is New Orleans too far? Should we include a stop at Vicksburg & Jackson? Any suggestions of where to stop, eat and stay would be appreciated.
Suggested itinerary for 7 day roadtrip Deep South
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California & French Polynesia
- 2 Boston area -- nature
- 3 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 4 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 5 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 6 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 7 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 8 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 9 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 10 4 week family trip ideas
- 11 SFO black friday traffic
- 12 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 13 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 14 General Utah planning questions
- 15 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 16 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 17 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 18 Dining in Manhattan
- 19 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 How to dress in Vegas
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 25 St Patrick's renovations