I would like some suggestions for planning a 7 day driving holiday starting in Clarksdale and ending in Memphis. I am from Australia and will be spending a week in Clarksdale for a harmonica jam camp. My husband will join me at the end of the camp and we have 7 days to fill in before we join an escorted tour which starts in Memphis and visits Nashville, Louisville, Lexington, Gatlinburg and ends in Atlanta. We don't want to be pushing it each day, but rather take our time to soak up the experience. Since Memphis, Graceland & Nashville will be covered on the tour, I thought of heading south and would like to stop in Natchez as it will be the Fall Pilgrimage when we are there. Is New Orleans too far? Should we include a stop at Vicksburg & Jackson? Any suggestions of where to stop, eat and stay would be appreciated.
Suggested itinerary for 7 day roadtrip Deep South
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 2 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 3 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 4 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 5 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 8 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 9 Washington, DC to Boston
- 10 New Orleans Weekend
- 11 Phoenix restaurants
- 12 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 13 San Diego Trip Report
- 14 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 15 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 16 rain in Kauai
- 17 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 18 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 19 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 20 WISCONSIN
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 24 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 25 Hotel in Santa Barbara