My wife and I are baby boomers (early 60's) looking for suggested attractions/activities. We'll be staying in the CBD at either the Hyatt/Convention Center or Harrahs and not renting a car. She's not really into museums, except for maybe the aquarium. Some type of organized city tour (mini-van) would be ok or a hop on/hop off trolley tour. We might also be game for a side trip to a plantation or even a swamp tour. We figure on taking a cab to the French Quarter/Bourbon St., especially at night. Any suggestions, as to which bar/club would be suitable for us...we prefer classic rock covers to either blues or jazz. Also, any suggested medium priced restaurants near either hotel, serving a good variety of foods?
suggested itinerary for 3-4 days in NO during the last week in February
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 2 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 3 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 4 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 5 Clearwater FL area
- 6 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 7 Los Angeles day trips
- 8 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 9 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 10 trip advice from TN to TX
- 11 san diego or nearby area
- 12 middlebury vt snow
- 13 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 14 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 15 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 16 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 17 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 18 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 19 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 20 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 21 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 22 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 23 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 24 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 25 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter