I have found this forum HUGELY helpful over the last few years road tripping in the US.
We are WELL used to long drives and are happy to commute for several hours at a time- in the last few years an 8 hour drive has been no bother to usat all but this year (all being well) we will have a 6 month old baby with us and so are keen to factor in a mid-way stop over- im guessing from google maps this will likely be in Pennsylvania?
The group will be 6 adults, and the baby. We are hiring a minivan so will all be together.
We like window shopping in nice little towns that have craft/ one off shops and a nice restaurant or 2. We are not looking for much in the way of attractions as this will literally be a stop-over.
It would be nice to stay in an economy, fairly cheap- (but clean!!) hotel/motel with a pool close to a town so that we could put the baby in the stroller and dander in, depending on our timings. However we have no confirmed flights yet, so we may be arriving at night and i therefore cannot give times.
Many thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 2 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 3 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 4 Bed and Breakfast
- 5 Weekend Getaway with Sights and Horsebackriding Help!!
- 6 New England Winter get away with older kids
- 7 New Years Eve in NYC
- 8 Route from South Rim Grand Canyon to Moab?
- 9 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 10 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 11 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 12 Looking for a Bed and breakfast
- 13 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 14 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 15 Lake Tahoe Honeymoon
- 16 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 17 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 18 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 19 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 20 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 21 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 22 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 23 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 24 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 25 Polynesian Cultural Centre
Stop over (for 6 adults,1 baby) mid-way between pick up JFK airport and drive to New Phila, OH