I have found this forum HUGELY helpful over the last few years road tripping in the US.
We are WELL used to long drives and are happy to commute for several hours at a time- in the last few years an 8 hour drive has been no bother to usat all but this year (all being well) we will have a 6 month old baby with us and so are keen to factor in a mid-way stop over- im guessing from google maps this will likely be in Pennsylvania?
The group will be 6 adults, and the baby. We are hiring a minivan so will all be together.
We like window shopping in nice little towns that have craft/ one off shops and a nice restaurant or 2. We are not looking for much in the way of attractions as this will literally be a stop-over.
It would be nice to stay in an economy, fairly cheap- (but clean!!) hotel/motel with a pool close to a town so that we could put the baby in the stroller and dander in, depending on our timings. However we have no confirmed flights yet, so we may be arriving at night and i therefore cannot give times.
Many thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rental Car Orlando
- 2 Pacific Northwest
- 3 http://testosteroneboostclassi.com/trubiotrim/
- 4 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 5 Anaheim - no car
- 6 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 7 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 8 Upcoming Alaska Trip
- 9 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 10 Traveling through MO to Branson
- 11 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 12 Point of Entry wondering.. Help?
- 13 Considering a move to Raleigh or Charlotte
- 14 TKS Booth at 47th Street: Help for Return Customers
- 15 San Francisco to San Diego
- 16 Dinner in Anchorage
- 17 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 18 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 19 Best location for hotel in Annapolis
- 20 Nashville Public Transportation
- 21 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 22 Hawaii - where?
- 23 Need advice for roadtrip from Chicago to Seattle
- 24 Arizona PHX car rental
- 25 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
Stop over (for 6 adults,1 baby) mid-way between pick up JFK airport and drive to New Phila, OH