I have found this forum HUGELY helpful over the last few years road tripping in the US.
We are WELL used to long drives and are happy to commute for several hours at a time- in the last few years an 8 hour drive has been no bother to usat all but this year (all being well) we will have a 6 month old baby with us and so are keen to factor in a mid-way stop over- im guessing from google maps this will likely be in Pennsylvania?
The group will be 6 adults, and the baby. We are hiring a minivan so will all be together.
We like window shopping in nice little towns that have craft/ one off shops and a nice restaurant or 2. We are not looking for much in the way of attractions as this will literally be a stop-over.
It would be nice to stay in an economy, fairly cheap- (but clean!!) hotel/motel with a pool close to a town so that we could put the baby in the stroller and dander in, depending on our timings. However we have no confirmed flights yet, so we may be arriving at night and i therefore cannot give times.
Many thanks in advance,
Stop over (for 6 adults,1 baby) mid-way between pick up JFK airport and drive to New Phila, OH
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 2 Itinerary opinions
- 3 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 4 Calgary to Banff
- 5 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 8 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 9 Mesa Verde
- 10 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 11 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 12 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 13 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 14 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 15 Our perfect day in Key West
- 16 moving to florida
- 17 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 18 culpepper
- 19 2 weeks in Alaska
- 20 Pub with food in Seattle
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014
- 23 An RV trip along the coast
- 24 NYC 1St Time
- 25 NEW YORK CITY!!!