I have found this forum HUGELY helpful over the last few years road tripping in the US.
We are WELL used to long drives and are happy to commute for several hours at a time- in the last few years an 8 hour drive has been no bother to usat all but this year (all being well) we will have a 6 month old baby with us and so are keen to factor in a mid-way stop over- im guessing from google maps this will likely be in Pennsylvania?
The group will be 6 adults, and the baby. We are hiring a minivan so will all be together.
We like window shopping in nice little towns that have craft/ one off shops and a nice restaurant or 2. We are not looking for much in the way of attractions as this will literally be a stop-over.
It would be nice to stay in an economy, fairly cheap- (but clean!!) hotel/motel with a pool close to a town so that we could put the baby in the stroller and dander in, depending on our timings. However we have no confirmed flights yet, so we may be arriving at night and i therefore cannot give times.
Many thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://healthpluscogni.com/max-testo-xl/
- 2 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 3 What is there to do on MAUI
- 4 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 5 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 6 Grand Teton National Park Review
- 7 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 8 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 9 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 10 Colorado Itinerary
- 11 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 12 Any Sanibel experts?
- 13 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 14 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 15 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 16 Uber boston
- 17 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 18 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 19 Hawaii Help
- 20 Summer in Michigan
- 21 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 22 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 23 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 24 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 25 Rafting the Colorado
Stop over (for 6 adults,1 baby) mid-way between pick up JFK airport and drive to New Phila, OH