I have found this forum HUGELY helpful over the last few years road tripping in the US.
We are WELL used to long drives and are happy to commute for several hours at a time- in the last few years an 8 hour drive has been no bother to usat all but this year (all being well) we will have a 6 month old baby with us and so are keen to factor in a mid-way stop over- im guessing from google maps this will likely be in Pennsylvania?
The group will be 6 adults, and the baby. We are hiring a minivan so will all be together.
We like window shopping in nice little towns that have craft/ one off shops and a nice restaurant or 2. We are not looking for much in the way of attractions as this will literally be a stop-over.
It would be nice to stay in an economy, fairly cheap- (but clean!!) hotel/motel with a pool close to a town so that we could put the baby in the stroller and dander in, depending on our timings. However we have no confirmed flights yet, so we may be arriving at night and i therefore cannot give times.
Many thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 2 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?
- 3 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 4 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 5 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 6 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 7 Mt. Rushmore/Badlands in late March?
- 8 Michigan advice needed
- 9 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
- 10 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 11 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 12 Pensacola Suggestions
- 13 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 14 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 15 Pacific beach to la jolla cove and shores
- 16 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 17 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 18 North Carolina Coast
- 19 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 20 NYC with wheelchair
- 21 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 22 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 23 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 24 Hapuna beach, big island
- 25 myrtle beach
Stop over (for 6 adults,1 baby) mid-way between pick up JFK airport and drive to New Phila, OH