I have found this forum HUGELY helpful over the last few years road tripping in the US.
We are WELL used to long drives and are happy to commute for several hours at a time- in the last few years an 8 hour drive has been no bother to usat all but this year (all being well) we will have a 6 month old baby with us and so are keen to factor in a mid-way stop over- im guessing from google maps this will likely be in Pennsylvania?
The group will be 6 adults, and the baby. We are hiring a minivan so will all be together.
We like window shopping in nice little towns that have craft/ one off shops and a nice restaurant or 2. We are not looking for much in the way of attractions as this will literally be a stop-over.
It would be nice to stay in an economy, fairly cheap- (but clean!!) hotel/motel with a pool close to a town so that we could put the baby in the stroller and dander in, depending on our timings. However we have no confirmed flights yet, so we may be arriving at night and i therefore cannot give times.
Many thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.mysupplementsera.com/muscle-force-fx/
- 2 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 3 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 4 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 5 Lice Happens
- 6 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 7 Arches Devils Garden
- 8 universal studios and disney
- 9 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 10 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 11 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 12 Big Sure in June
- 13 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 14 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 15 Savannah hotel
- 16 Utah National Parks visit
- 17 marriot cypress harbour
- 18 Hotel in Reno
- 19 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 20 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 21 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 22 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 23 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 24 Retiring to Tucson
- 25 Trinity Site, NM
Stop over (for 6 adults,1 baby) mid-way between pick up JFK airport and drive to New Phila, OH