I have found this forum HUGELY helpful over the last few years road tripping in the US.
We are WELL used to long drives and are happy to commute for several hours at a time- in the last few years an 8 hour drive has been no bother to usat all but this year (all being well) we will have a 6 month old baby with us and so are keen to factor in a mid-way stop over- im guessing from google maps this will likely be in Pennsylvania?
The group will be 6 adults, and the baby. We are hiring a minivan so will all be together.
We like window shopping in nice little towns that have craft/ one off shops and a nice restaurant or 2. We are not looking for much in the way of attractions as this will literally be a stop-over.
It would be nice to stay in an economy, fairly cheap- (but clean!!) hotel/motel with a pool close to a town so that we could put the baby in the stroller and dander in, depending on our timings. However we have no confirmed flights yet, so we may be arriving at night and i therefore cannot give times.
Many thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 2 First Trip to Texas -
- 3 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 4 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 5 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 6 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 7 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 8 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 9 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 10 Reading re the Northern Parks?
- 11 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 12 New Hampshire
- 13 Things to do in Bakersfield
- 14 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 15 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 16 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 17 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 18 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 19 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 20 Beaches in Florida
- 21 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 22 Nashville Questions
- 23 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 24 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 25 Downtown Chicago
Stop over (for 6 adults,1 baby) mid-way between pick up JFK airport and drive to New Phila, OH