I have found this forum HUGELY helpful over the last few years road tripping in the US.
We are WELL used to long drives and are happy to commute for several hours at a time- in the last few years an 8 hour drive has been no bother to usat all but this year (all being well) we will have a 6 month old baby with us and so are keen to factor in a mid-way stop over- im guessing from google maps this will likely be in Pennsylvania?
The group will be 6 adults, and the baby. We are hiring a minivan so will all be together.
We like window shopping in nice little towns that have craft/ one off shops and a nice restaurant or 2. We are not looking for much in the way of attractions as this will literally be a stop-over.
It would be nice to stay in an economy, fairly cheap- (but clean!!) hotel/motel with a pool close to a town so that we could put the baby in the stroller and dander in, depending on our timings. However we have no confirmed flights yet, so we may be arriving at night and i therefore cannot give times.
Many thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northwest Passage
- 2 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 3 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 4 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 5 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 6 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 7 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 8 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 9 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 10 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 11 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 12 Northwest Car Trip
- 13 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 14 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 15 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 16 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 17 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 20 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 21 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 22 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 23 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 24 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 25 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
Stop over (for 6 adults,1 baby) mid-way between pick up JFK airport and drive to New Phila, OH