I have found this forum HUGELY helpful over the last few years road tripping in the US.
We are WELL used to long drives and are happy to commute for several hours at a time- in the last few years an 8 hour drive has been no bother to usat all but this year (all being well) we will have a 6 month old baby with us and so are keen to factor in a mid-way stop over- im guessing from google maps this will likely be in Pennsylvania?
The group will be 6 adults, and the baby. We are hiring a minivan so will all be together.
We like window shopping in nice little towns that have craft/ one off shops and a nice restaurant or 2. We are not looking for much in the way of attractions as this will literally be a stop-over.
It would be nice to stay in an economy, fairly cheap- (but clean!!) hotel/motel with a pool close to a town so that we could put the baby in the stroller and dander in, depending on our timings. However we have no confirmed flights yet, so we may be arriving at night and i therefore cannot give times.
Many thanks in advance,
Stop over (for 6 adults,1 baby) mid-way between pick up JFK airport and drive to New Phila, OH
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF to DR? WTH!
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 4 rain in Kauai
- 5 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 8 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 9 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 10 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 11 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 12 Jersey City Parking
- 13 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 14 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 15 Kennebunkport and....?
- 16 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 17 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 18 Washington, DC to Boston
- 19 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 20 Where to go in Maine?
- 21 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 22 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 23 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 24 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 25 Kennedy Space Center