I'm going on a round road trip from Atlanta in September. I'm really keen to visit the civil war site in Vicksburg during the first leg (Im going on to Memphis and Blue Ridge Parkway) but am also trying to stay off the interstate so I get a sample of Alabama and not just a long road.
Without the interstate, Atlanta to Vicksburg is too long, so does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to stop roughly halfway? Somewhere with a nice BnB and local places to eat. Doesn't have to be a city, it could be a small pleasant town but anywhere interesting would be great. Also are there any fun things to see en route or scenic route recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chiefs vs Raiders
- 2 usa roadtrip
- 3 Hawaii and...where?
- 4 DC Restaurants
- 5 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 6 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 7 How much time in Badlands?
- 8 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 9 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 10 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 11 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 12 Chicago 2017
- 13 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 14 Christmas in Colorado
- 15 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 16 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 17 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 18 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 19 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 20 Marfa/Big Bend
- 21 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 22 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 23 JFK to Washington
- 24 Phoenix for the weekend
- 25 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?