I am travelling with my partner (we are 23 years old) and wondering whether it is best to stay in the Hollywood area or Santa Monica? We will be in LA for 3 nights and plan to see the standard tourist attractions as it is our first time (Hollywood Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, Staples Center, Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier and others based on 'must-see places' on forums). We plan to spend a day at Universal Studios so that considerably cuts our available sightseeing time. With a spread of sights in Hollywood and Santa Monica, we can't decide where we should stay? I have sorted out accommodation within our budget for both areas but don't know which one to cancel! We won't be hiring a car so will be relying on public transport or maybe even a HOHO bus for 48 hours
Any help would be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Farewell from Ira
- 2 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 3 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 4 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 5 Back From Alaska
- 6 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 7 Driving from Austin to San Francisco
- 8 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)
- 9 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 10 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 11 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 12 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 13 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 14 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 15 Finding the right moving company. (Calgary to Seattle!)
- 16 orlando need a car?
- 17 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 18 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 19 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 20 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 21 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 22 chicago to hibbing
- 23 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 24 Return from Bradenton FL back to New Haven CT
- 25 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills