I am travelling with my partner (we are 23 years old) and wondering whether it is best to stay in the Hollywood area or Santa Monica? We will be in LA for 3 nights and plan to see the standard tourist attractions as it is our first time (Hollywood Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, Staples Center, Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier and others based on 'must-see places' on forums). We plan to spend a day at Universal Studios so that considerably cuts our available sightseeing time. With a spread of sights in Hollywood and Santa Monica, we can't decide where we should stay? I have sorted out accommodation within our budget for both areas but don't know which one to cancel! We won't be hiring a car so will be relying on public transport or maybe even a HOHO bus for 48 hours
Any help would be appreciated
Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 2 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 3 Travel Agencies in New York reliable
- 4 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 5 Looking For best Holiday Destination
- 6 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 7 Outskirts of New Orleans Hotel
- 8 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 9 visiting chicago
- 10 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 11 Grand Teton & Yellowstone via Denver
- 12 driving Yellowstone to Denver
- 13 Boston for Easter -- mainly dining questions.
- 14 Alaska- two days in Seward
- 15 Charlesmark Hotel, Boston-opinions?
- 16 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 17 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 18 Best way to get discounts on hotel rooms? Priceline?
- 19 Day trip to Hudson Valley from NYC?
- 20 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 21 Boca Grande or Siesta Key?
- 22 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 23 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 24 Considering moving from Boston to North Carolina
- 25 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?