I am travelling with my partner (we are 23 years old) and wondering whether it is best to stay in the Hollywood area or Santa Monica? We will be in LA for 3 nights and plan to see the standard tourist attractions as it is our first time (Hollywood Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, Staples Center, Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier and others based on 'must-see places' on forums). We plan to spend a day at Universal Studios so that considerably cuts our available sightseeing time. With a spread of sights in Hollywood and Santa Monica, we can't decide where we should stay? I have sorted out accommodation within our budget for both areas but don't know which one to cancel! We won't be hiring a car so will be relying on public transport or maybe even a HOHO bus for 48 hours
Any help would be appreciated
Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 2 Grand Marais?
- 3 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 4 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 5 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 6 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 7 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 8 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 9 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 10 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 11 Grand Teton in October
- 12 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 13 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 14 adams morgan - safety
- 15 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 16 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 17 Morning in miami
- 18 Las Vegas must sees
- 19 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 20 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 21 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 22 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 23 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 24 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 25 3 1/2 days on Oahu