I am travelling with my partner (we are 23 years old) and wondering whether it is best to stay in the Hollywood area or Santa Monica? We will be in LA for 3 nights and plan to see the standard tourist attractions as it is our first time (Hollywood Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, Staples Center, Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier and others based on 'must-see places' on forums). We plan to spend a day at Universal Studios so that considerably cuts our available sightseeing time. With a spread of sights in Hollywood and Santa Monica, we can't decide where we should stay? I have sorted out accommodation within our budget for both areas but don't know which one to cancel! We won't be hiring a car so will be relying on public transport or maybe even a HOHO bus for 48 hours
Any help would be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 2 Tour of Fed bank NYC
- 3 Rome/Florence
- 4 Road Trippin' in Texas
- 5 A week in NYC - first timers
- 6 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 7 Hawaii Trip in May
- 8 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 9 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 10 Proposal in Siesta Key, FL
- 11 Help me with Sonoma Desert….
- 12 Colorado - Photography
- 13 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 14 Epicurean Tour in Portland
- 15 Where to stay in NYC
- 16 Suggestion on my first visit to Grand Canyon
- 17 Oahu Trip Report (Aulani, North Shore, Manoa Valley, Hanauma Bay)
- 18 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 19 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 20 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 21 Driving from OKC, OK to Seattle, WA in the dead of winter..
- 22 Tucson in February
- 23 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 24 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 25 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway