I am travelling with my partner (we are 23 years old) and wondering whether it is best to stay in the Hollywood area or Santa Monica? We will be in LA for 3 nights and plan to see the standard tourist attractions as it is our first time (Hollywood Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, Staples Center, Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier and others based on 'must-see places' on forums). We plan to spend a day at Universal Studios so that considerably cuts our available sightseeing time. With a spread of sights in Hollywood and Santa Monica, we can't decide where we should stay? I have sorted out accommodation within our budget for both areas but don't know which one to cancel! We won't be hiring a car so will be relying on public transport or maybe even a HOHO bus for 48 hours
Any help would be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston Restaurants - suggestions please
- 2 24 hours in Boston - Where to eat?
- 3 Boston Chinatown restaurant or tour recommendations
- 4 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 5 United Nations tours
- 6 NYC with 8 yr old
- 7 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 8 Things to do off I81 through VA?
- 9 Relocating?
- 10 stopping off I 81 South
- 11 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 12 Advice on tipping
- 13 Best stays in Jackson hole/tetons
- 14 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 15 Virginia Beach/ Before or After Labor Day?
- 16 September Road Trip in New England
- 17 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 18 Road trip October
- 19 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 20 2 months in Hawaii!
- 21 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 22 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 23 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 24 Mosser Hotel in San Francisco, CA
- 25 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV