I am travelling with my partner (we are 23 years old) and wondering whether it is best to stay in the Hollywood area or Santa Monica? We will be in LA for 3 nights and plan to see the standard tourist attractions as it is our first time (Hollywood Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, Staples Center, Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier and others based on 'must-see places' on forums). We plan to spend a day at Universal Studios so that considerably cuts our available sightseeing time. With a spread of sights in Hollywood and Santa Monica, we can't decide where we should stay? I have sorted out accommodation within our budget for both areas but don't know which one to cancel! We won't be hiring a car so will be relying on public transport or maybe even a HOHO bus for 48 hours
Any help would be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 2 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 3 Road trip From St.louis to South Dakota. Is it Safe?
- 4 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 5 Cape Cod
- 6 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 7 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 8 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 9 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 10 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 11 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 12 reliable transportation across florida
- 13 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 14 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 15 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 16 Las Vegas loop
- 17 Car-less in Atlanta (by Train)
- 18 Redwood National Forest
- 19 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 20 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 21 Uber and Miami
- 22 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 23 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 24 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 25 camping in the Finger Lakes region