We are staying in Harwich this July. The cottage is directly on a pond, but we will look to take day trips to ocean beaches. We have two small children, age 4 & 2, and would be looking for a beach friendly to their age (tide pools, etc.). We have identified the following beaches: Paines Creek (Brewster), Crosby Landing Beach (Brewster), Ridgevale Beach (Chatham) and Red River Beach (Harwich). We previously stayed in Dennisport for multiple years and were comfortable with the beaches there, but that was before the kids. We haven't been to any of the beaches listed above. I am taking my 4 year old on a day trip to the area this Thursday. Any suggestions? Also, any restaurant or shop suggestions in the area (Harwich, Chatham) would be welcomed as well.
Staying at cottage in Harwich, MA looking for...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 4 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 5 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 6 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 7 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 8 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 9 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 10 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 11 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 12 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 13 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 14 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 15 Breckenridge in October
- 16 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 17 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 18 Richmond highlights?
- 19 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 20 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 21 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 22 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 23 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 24 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 25 Washington DC in Spring?