We are staying in Harwich this July. The cottage is directly on a pond, but we will look to take day trips to ocean beaches. We have two small children, age 4 & 2, and would be looking for a beach friendly to their age (tide pools, etc.). We have identified the following beaches: Paines Creek (Brewster), Crosby Landing Beach (Brewster), Ridgevale Beach (Chatham) and Red River Beach (Harwich). We previously stayed in Dennisport for multiple years and were comfortable with the beaches there, but that was before the kids. We haven't been to any of the beaches listed above. I am taking my 4 year old on a day trip to the area this Thursday. Any suggestions? Also, any restaurant or shop suggestions in the area (Harwich, Chatham) would be welcomed as well.
Staying at cottage in Harwich, MA looking for...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 2 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 3 Hotel near Miami airport
- 4 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley
- 5 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 6 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 7 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 8 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 11 Road Trip SW
- 12 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 13 Philly
- 14 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 15 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 16 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 17 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 18 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 19 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 20 Pub with food in Seattle
- 21 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 22 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 23 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 24 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 25 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny