Starting near the End of Oct (after her 125th birthday) she will be closed for a year to upgrade facilities,, stairways and the fire control system. You will still be able to take the ferry to Liberty Island and view from the outside, then continue on to Ellis Island.
Statue of Liberty Shutting for a Year
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dallas - Fort Worth Airport Hotels
- 2 A few questions about going to Yellowstone
- 3 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 4 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 5 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 6 A Love Letter to NYC (in Photos)
- 7 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 8 Shenandoah National Park
- 9 More Wine les Whine in Napa
- 10 Alaska restaurant prices
- 11 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 12 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 13 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 14 Sightsee in Atlanta During Layover?
- 15 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 16 Itinerary Help - options.
- 17 Day trip out of NYC - without car
- 18 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 19 Daytona Beach and ??
- 20 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 21 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 22 Hawaii is still Hell
- 23 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 25 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9