I would like to recommend The Botanical Gardens in St. Louis, which has the largest Japanese garden in the world; the St. Louis Zoo which is on the grounds of the World Exposition and the St. Louis Science Museum. At the Science Museum, kids can perform surgery in a room that makes it appear as if adults are watching them intently. Later, they will see that the adults are watching a video on a screen, but for a moment that kid is a famous surgeon performing delicate surgery. There also is a "radar gun" where "kids" can see how fast motorists are driving. The Botanical Gardens have an indoor tropical garden so they would be well worth a visit even in the winter, but the Chinese and Japanese Gardens will transform you into another place. They are so beautiful. When we last visited the St. Louis Zoo a mother elephant was watching her baby play in the water of a shallow pool. She was very attentive to her child, and I noted that she was a lot like me in the way I watched over my son who was with me. There is a huge bird house where you can walk inside to be with them. These places are not to be missed for having some quality time with your family. Two of the three places provided some great photo opportunities as well. I thought that I would spend an hour or two at the Botanical Garden and I stayed all day.
St. Louis, MO
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 2 California coast: April
- 3 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 4 A Week in Seattle & the Pacific NW
- 5 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 6 Where to Stay in Boston Without Taking Out a Mortgage ...
- 7 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 8 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 9 Road Trip
- 10 Whale watching
- 11 New York Yankee Station
- 12 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 13 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 14 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 15 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 16 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 17 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 18 September trip to Michigan
- 19 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 20 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 21 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 22 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 23 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 24 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 25 Stubhub and NFL Tickets