I would like to recommend The Botanical Gardens in St. Louis, which has the largest Japanese garden in the world; the St. Louis Zoo which is on the grounds of the World Exposition and the St. Louis Science Museum. At the Science Museum, kids can perform surgery in a room that makes it appear as if adults are watching them intently. Later, they will see that the adults are watching a video on a screen, but for a moment that kid is a famous surgeon performing delicate surgery. There also is a "radar gun" where "kids" can see how fast motorists are driving. The Botanical Gardens have an indoor tropical garden so they would be well worth a visit even in the winter, but the Chinese and Japanese Gardens will transform you into another place. They are so beautiful. When we last visited the St. Louis Zoo a mother elephant was watching her baby play in the water of a shallow pool. She was very attentive to her child, and I noted that she was a lot like me in the way I watched over my son who was with me. There is a huge bird house where you can walk inside to be with them. These places are not to be missed for having some quality time with your family. Two of the three places provided some great photo opportunities as well. I thought that I would spend an hour or two at the Botanical Garden and I stayed all day.
St. Louis, MO
View all United States activity »
- 1 Madison Square Garden
- 2 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 3 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 4 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 5 Warm and don't Drive
- 6 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 7 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 8 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 St. Augustine, Florida
- 11 hotel near Met NYC
- 12 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 13 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 14 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 15 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 16 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 17 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 18 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 19 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 22 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 25 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?