I would like to recommend The Botanical Gardens in St. Louis, which has the largest Japanese garden in the world; the St. Louis Zoo which is on the grounds of the World Exposition and the St. Louis Science Museum. At the Science Museum, kids can perform surgery in a room that makes it appear as if adults are watching them intently. Later, they will see that the adults are watching a video on a screen, but for a moment that kid is a famous surgeon performing delicate surgery. There also is a "radar gun" where "kids" can see how fast motorists are driving. The Botanical Gardens have an indoor tropical garden so they would be well worth a visit even in the winter, but the Chinese and Japanese Gardens will transform you into another place. They are so beautiful. When we last visited the St. Louis Zoo a mother elephant was watching her baby play in the water of a shallow pool. She was very attentive to her child, and I noted that she was a lot like me in the way I watched over my son who was with me. There is a huge bird house where you can walk inside to be with them. These places are not to be missed for having some quality time with your family. Two of the three places provided some great photo opportunities as well. I thought that I would spend an hour or two at the Botanical Garden and I stayed all day.
St. Louis, MO
View all United States activity »
- 1 Watch Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas Movie Online Free
- 2 Apartment For Rent in Philadelphia
- 3 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 4 Warm and don't Drive
- 5 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 6 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 7 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 8 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 9 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 10 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 11 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 12 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Savanah Sojourn
- 15 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 16 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 17 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 18 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 19 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 20 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 21 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 22 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 23 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 24 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 25 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January