I would like to recommend The Botanical Gardens in St. Louis, which has the largest Japanese garden in the world; the St. Louis Zoo which is on the grounds of the World Exposition and the St. Louis Science Museum. At the Science Museum, kids can perform surgery in a room that makes it appear as if adults are watching them intently. Later, they will see that the adults are watching a video on a screen, but for a moment that kid is a famous surgeon performing delicate surgery. There also is a "radar gun" where "kids" can see how fast motorists are driving. The Botanical Gardens have an indoor tropical garden so they would be well worth a visit even in the winter, but the Chinese and Japanese Gardens will transform you into another place. They are so beautiful. When we last visited the St. Louis Zoo a mother elephant was watching her baby play in the water of a shallow pool. She was very attentive to her child, and I noted that she was a lot like me in the way I watched over my son who was with me. There is a huge bird house where you can walk inside to be with them. These places are not to be missed for having some quality time with your family. Two of the three places provided some great photo opportunities as well. I thought that I would spend an hour or two at the Botanical Garden and I stayed all day.
St. Louis, MO
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Key Largo, FL
- 2 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 3 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 4 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 5 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 6 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 7 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 8 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 9 West Coast Bound End of March
- 10 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 11 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 12 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 13 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 14 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 15 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 19 Locker at JFK
- 20 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots
- 21 Best places to move to Florida?
- 22 Philadelphia
- 23 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 24 San Diego
- 25 Trip to Maine/Quebec City, Canada - August 2013