I would like to recommend The Botanical Gardens in St. Louis, which has the largest Japanese garden in the world; the St. Louis Zoo which is on the grounds of the World Exposition and the St. Louis Science Museum. At the Science Museum, kids can perform surgery in a room that makes it appear as if adults are watching them intently. Later, they will see that the adults are watching a video on a screen, but for a moment that kid is a famous surgeon performing delicate surgery. There also is a "radar gun" where "kids" can see how fast motorists are driving. The Botanical Gardens have an indoor tropical garden so they would be well worth a visit even in the winter, but the Chinese and Japanese Gardens will transform you into another place. They are so beautiful. When we last visited the St. Louis Zoo a mother elephant was watching her baby play in the water of a shallow pool. She was very attentive to her child, and I noted that she was a lot like me in the way I watched over my son who was with me. There is a huge bird house where you can walk inside to be with them. These places are not to be missed for having some quality time with your family. Two of the three places provided some great photo opportunities as well. I thought that I would spend an hour or two at the Botanical Garden and I stayed all day.
St. Louis, MO
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 2 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 3 family celebration trip
- 4 New England September
- 5 searching for urban master planned community
- 6 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 7 Deep South sept 2015
- 8 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 9 Hawaii Group Travel
- 10 Austin Food Trucks
- 11 New York To Ashville NC
- 12 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 13 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 14 Fmpden, are you there?
- 15 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 16 Planning Christmas in NYC-is it nuts?
- 17 Southern NJ and Bucks County PA - how's it look?
- 18 Train from Memphis to New Orleans
- 19 Charleston Islands
- 20 Family Spring Break 2015
- 21 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 22 san diego or nearby area
- 23 Mother Daughter Trip
- 24 Favorite Lodging/Dining in Jackson Falls, WY
- 25 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby