I would like to recommend The Botanical Gardens in St. Louis, which has the largest Japanese garden in the world; the St. Louis Zoo which is on the grounds of the World Exposition and the St. Louis Science Museum. At the Science Museum, kids can perform surgery in a room that makes it appear as if adults are watching them intently. Later, they will see that the adults are watching a video on a screen, but for a moment that kid is a famous surgeon performing delicate surgery. There also is a "radar gun" where "kids" can see how fast motorists are driving. The Botanical Gardens have an indoor tropical garden so they would be well worth a visit even in the winter, but the Chinese and Japanese Gardens will transform you into another place. They are so beautiful. When we last visited the St. Louis Zoo a mother elephant was watching her baby play in the water of a shallow pool. She was very attentive to her child, and I noted that she was a lot like me in the way I watched over my son who was with me. There is a huge bird house where you can walk inside to be with them. These places are not to be missed for having some quality time with your family. Two of the three places provided some great photo opportunities as well. I thought that I would spend an hour or two at the Botanical Garden and I stayed all day.
St. Louis, MO
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 3 Calf trip
- 4 Anyone there to help me!
- 5 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 6 los angeles restaurants
- 7 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 8 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 9 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 10 West Maui Restaurants
- 11 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 12 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 13 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 17 Key West Hotel in January
- 18 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 19 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 20 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 23 4 week family trip ideas
- 24 x mas
- 25 Trip to Niagara Falls