I am planning a trip to STL at the end of May 2014. I am coming to watch the Giants take on the BFIB and I am personally planning to drink each and every one of you under the table.
Have you stayed at the Hilton hotel that connects to the ballpark and are the rooms facing the ballpark worth the extra 100 bucks?
Also I would like to take a trip up or down the river. Maybe an overnight or two night deal. I found one that leave from Peoria and arrives in STL but it does not go the times I will be there. I found some full day, dinner and hourly cruises which are ok. I will do those if I have to. I would rather spend a night or two. Any recommendations?
Finally I would love to avoid renting a car and paying for parking, and driving drunk so can I get around that area ok on foot?
If I was to get a car, a few things I would like to do is cross the river to see the mound culture, catch a minor league ball game or two in the the surrounding areas, drive up to Hannibal? Maybe I will rent a car for a day or two and do some of that? What do you think? Is that worth the cost or would staying in STL proper be a more efficient use of my time?
St. Loius advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Universal studios/Orlando
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 4 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 5 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 6 USA with a 3 year old
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 14 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 17 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 18 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 19 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Wedding venue in NH
- 22 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 23 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 24 San Diego parks and attractions
- 25 Alaska