I am planning a trip to STL at the end of May 2014. I am coming to watch the Giants take on the BFIB and I am personally planning to drink each and every one of you under the table.
Have you stayed at the Hilton hotel that connects to the ballpark and are the rooms facing the ballpark worth the extra 100 bucks?
Also I would like to take a trip up or down the river. Maybe an overnight or two night deal. I found one that leave from Peoria and arrives in STL but it does not go the times I will be there. I found some full day, dinner and hourly cruises which are ok. I will do those if I have to. I would rather spend a night or two. Any recommendations?
Finally I would love to avoid renting a car and paying for parking, and driving drunk so can I get around that area ok on foot?
If I was to get a car, a few things I would like to do is cross the river to see the mound culture, catch a minor league ball game or two in the the surrounding areas, drive up to Hannibal? Maybe I will rent a car for a day or two and do some of that? What do you think? Is that worth the cost or would staying in STL proper be a more efficient use of my time?
St. Loius advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 2 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 3 Phoenix restaurants
- 4 5 week in US/Mexico
- 5 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 6 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 7 10 day trip to California
- 8 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 9 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 10 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 Rafting near Denali
- 13 New York City Restaurants
- 14 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 16 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 17 Kennedy Space Center
- 18 Week in October in Maine
- 19 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 20 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 21 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 22 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 23 B-Day Mini adventure
- 24 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 25 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach