My kids have been clamoring to take a 'plane trip' so since I just rec'v'd my annual 'buy a ticket get 2 more for $99 each' from US Air, I figured Spring Break would be a good time. They want to go to the Keys, but it is still 'in season' there which means at least $200/night in Key West, & similar prices on the way out. So, I began looking at other options & figured a trip to the SW would be cool, as they have never seen the desert, we could hike & it would also be educational (as many of our trips are). In addition, we may run into other 'Spring Breakers' in the Keys, not so much in Az. + I can get a cottage there for less than $1000/wk. I need more selling points, 'kid stuff' for my kids in Az. (they are 4 & 7, btw) Thinking Tucson &/or basing up near Jerome/Flagstaff since we'll have 10 days. Also haven't ruled NM out , but leaning towards Az.
Spring Break decision - The Keys versus the SW weigh in on this epic battle
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 3 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 4 Newport, RI Questions
- 5 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 6 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 7 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 8 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 9 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 10 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 11 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 12 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 13 American Airlines reservation question
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 16 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 17 Car trip from Seattle
- 18 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 19 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 20 Best timeshare in Branson?
- 21 Dennisport: Haigis Beach v. Sea Street Beach
- 22 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 23 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 24 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 25 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport