I think if you skip the boat rides (except for one), which don't really add much to your trip, you can get a lot done in 4.5 days.
Your interests may be different from mine but scenery and wildlife are there.
This is a plan that might satisfy you.
I'm not sure if you live close to sea level so I would start with Iceberg Lake since it's easier (longer but only slightly steep near the start) than Grinnell Glacier.
On the second day take the 8:30 shuttle from the Many Glacier Hotel. This is a shuttle that goes on two lakes with a short hike between. From there do the Grinnell Glacier hike (you could go on the ranger-led hike).
On each day I would add the following to the above. Day 1 hike along the Swiftcurrent Pass trail as far as you feel like going. You can stop at Redrock Falls and then on the way back (quite close to the trailhead) veer to Fishercap Lake. There always seems to be moose and or deer there.
Keep your eyes open in the area as there could be bears around.
On Day 2 after the main hike drive over to the Apikuni Falls trailhead for a relatively short but fairly steep (that's why I put this in day 2) hike. After this you could go for a quick walk to Fishercap Lake for more wildlife.
For Day 3 I would get up pretty early and drive over to Logan Pass. You want to get there by 9:00 - 9:30 to make sure you get parking.
You can do Hidden Lake and as much of Highline as you want. While nobody would consider Hidden Lake difficult, I found the many wooden stairs a bit of a surprise. We do get older.
We stopped after a mile or so of Highline and went over to St May and Virginia Falls. We could have gone further on Highline.
I'm not sure what else you have planned but on Day 4 you could either spend some time on GTTS Road and/or go to Two Medicine for part of the day before going to Waterton Lakes. Or skip Two Medicine. You could go to Waterton Lakes earlier and hikes Bear's Hump. I would be interested in your opinion.
Spirobulldog - My Glacier NP Suggestions for You
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 2 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 3 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 4 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 5 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 6 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 7 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 8 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 9 Where to from Tampa?
- 10 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 11 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 12 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 13 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 14 Is the New York subway safe?
- 15 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 16 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 17 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 18 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 19 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 20 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 21 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 22 Skiing New Mexico
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 24 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 25 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014