We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Spend whole anniv. week in New Orleans?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 7 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 8 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 9 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Family Camp in Maine
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 18 San Diego
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast