We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Spend whole anniv. week in New Orleans?
- 1 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 2 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 3 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 4 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 5 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 6 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 7 RIP Judy Rogers
- 8 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 9 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 10 Boston area
- 11 Savanah Sojourn
- 12 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 13 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 14 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 15 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 16 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 17 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 18 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 19 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 20 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 21 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 22 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 23 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 24 Warm and don't Drive
- 25 Train from Boston to Rockport?