We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Spend whole anniv. week in New Orleans?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 2 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 3 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 6 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 7 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 8 Hotel near Miami airport
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 12 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 13 culpepper
- 14 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 15 Chicago trip
- 16 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 17 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 18 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 19 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 20 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Santa Barbara, California
- 23 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 24 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 25 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley