We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Spend whole anniv. week in New Orleans?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Worst Restaurants in America
- 2 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 3 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 4 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 5 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 6 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 7 Question About Sealodge
- 8 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 9 Fairbanks Alaska
- 10 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 11 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 12 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 13 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 14 Yosemite Lodging
- 15 Colorado aspen updates
- 16 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 17 Museum of Arts and Design, NYC
- 18 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 19 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 20 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 21 Getaway
- 22 New England Skiing
- 23 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 24 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 25 Temecula Winery Tours