We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 2 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!
- 3 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 4 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 5 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 6 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 7 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 8 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 9 Orlando area weather in June
- 10 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 11 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 12 New Itinerary
- 13 Help with Northwest Trip
- 14 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 15 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 16 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 17 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 18 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
- 19 road trip
- 20 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 21 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 22 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 23 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 24 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 25 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI