We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Paul Gauguin
- 2 Highway 1 motels
- 3 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 4 Running kissimmee Florida
- 5 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 6 Pittsburgh Trip
- 7 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 8 Berkshires with a toddler
- 9 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 10 Getting around in NYC
- 11 The New Whitney
- 12 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 13 View of Empire State Building from street
- 14 11 days SE coast road trip
- 15 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 16 Pacific Northwest
- 17 A Week in New York City
- 18 Mackinac or Holland?
- 19 Car Hire Alamo
- 20 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 21 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 22 Where to stop from Litchfield Beach to Sharpsburg, Maryland
- 23 Columbia River Gorge - best scenic route in WA or OR?
- 24 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 25 Mendocino Hiking