We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Spend whole anniv. week in New Orleans?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast in December
- 2 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 3 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 6 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 7 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 8 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 9 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 10 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 11 Florida St George's Island
- 12 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 13 Washington DC in Spring?
- 14 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 15 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Weekend in NYC
- 21 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 24 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 25 Breckenridge in October