We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Spend whole anniv. week in New Orleans?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 2 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 3 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Dining in Manhattan
- 6 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 7 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 8 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 9 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 10 From Seattle airport to the city
- 11 General Utah planning questions
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 15 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 16 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 New York City Christmas Trip
- 19 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 20 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 21 Colorado Skiing
- 22 American Honeymoon in March
- 23 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area