We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Spend whole anniv. week in New Orleans?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 2 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 San Diego parks and attractions
- 5 Door County Suggestions
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 9 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 10 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 11 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 12 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 13 NYC theatre broadway
- 14 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 15 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 16 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 17 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 18 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 19 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 20 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 21 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 22 Visiting Denver
- 23 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 25 Alternatives to Disney in Florida