We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Farewell from Ira
- 2 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 3 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 4 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 5 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 6 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 7 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 8 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 9 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 10 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 11 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 12 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 13 Pacific coast road trip
- 14 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 15 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 16 chicago to hibbing
- 17 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 18 Arlington Hotels
- 19 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 20 Cabin rental in march
- 21 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 22 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 23 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 24 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 25 Luxury Accommodations Motel-Machesney Park, IL, Janesville, WI