We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Spend whole anniv. week in New Orleans?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 2 Alaska Trip Planning
- 3 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 4 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 5 new york subway help please
- 6 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 7 Boston to see Sargent works
- 8 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 9 Pet-Friendly near I-95 N. Florida/S. Georgia for yappy dogs?
- 10 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 11 Moving out of states from Florida
- 12 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 13 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 14 Atlanta to LA
- 15 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 16 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 17 Washington DC to Texas via Jacksonville, FL
- 18 Things to do in La Jolla
- 19 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 20 Need tips for the best of downtown Chicago in 6 days
- 21 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 22 Traveling from Seattle to Parksville BC.
- 23 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston
- 24 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 25 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.