We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Spend whole anniv. week in New Orleans?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 2 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 3 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 4 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 5 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 6 10 day trip
- 7 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 8 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 9 Utah restaurants
- 10 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 11 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 12 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 13 looking for beautiful gardens suggestions in early April
- 14 Ride Share DEN to CB 3/18
- 15 Venice tourist travel pass
- 16 Crossville, TN in March
- 17 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Resort at the Mountain - It's Running a Rate Special
- 20 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 21 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 22 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 23 Short Road Trip California Arizona – Less than a week
- 24 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 25 Help with road trip - San Fran to Whister