We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Spend whole anniv. week in New Orleans?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 2 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 3 US Southwest
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 5 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 6 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 7 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 8 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 9 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 10 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 11 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 12 Seattle Visit April
- 13 Grand Teton in October
- 14 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 15 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 16 Morning in miami
- 17 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 18 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 19 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 20 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 21 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 22 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 23 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 24 Is Stars Deli still there, 53rd and Lex?
- 25 trip outside of San Francisco with kids