We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in early February and are leaning toward New Orleans for our destination. Neither of us have ever been. We're in our early 50's, from Philly area, and enjoy hearing live music, interesting architecture, delicious local food, outdoor cafes, parks/gardens/other forms of nature. Assuming my current bad knee will be fine by then, we're also big walkers when we travel.
We travel on the slow side, and will have one week. So we're mostly thinking we'd spend the whole week in NO, but are wondering a little about possibly adding a second destination. What would you do, and why?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 2 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 3 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 4 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 5 Advice on tipping
- 6 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 7 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 8 Hilton Head restaurants
- 9 September Road Trip in New England
- 10 Road trip October
- 11 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 12 Amish
- 13 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 14 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 15 United Nations tours
- 16 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 17 national/state park in November
- 18 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 19 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 Cayo Costa State Park
- 22 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 23 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 24 Cross Country NH to WA
- 25 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass