I have some questions about a section of my itinerary.
I have 3 nights in mid January and I want to see Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce.
My main interest is photography.
Driving out of Phoenix or Las Vegas, I am thinking
1) Drive to Grand Canyon South Rim. Stay at http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/
2) Drive up to Zion 4.5 hrs, stay at http://www.zionlodge.com/
3) Day trip to Bryce 1.5 hrs each way, stay at Zion again
4) Drive back to Vegas from Zion, 3 hrs.
I know it's a short amount of time but it's all we have.
What will there be to actually do at these locations in mid winter? will hiking be an option? will we just drive to lookouts etc? I have no idea, mostly about Zion and Bryce.
We will do hiking for photographs, but not more than about 6 miles return.
Specific - Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce. Winter Photography
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 2 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 3 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 4 From Seattle airport to the city
- 5 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 6 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 7 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 8 General Utah planning questions
- 9 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 10 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 11 Dining in Manhattan
- 12 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 13 New York City Christmas Trip
- 14 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 15 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 16 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 17 Colorado Skiing
- 18 American Honeymoon in March
- 19 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 20 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 21 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 22 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 23 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 24 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 25 Yellowstone in the winter?