I have some questions about a section of my itinerary.
I have 3 nights in mid January and I want to see Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce.
My main interest is photography.
Driving out of Phoenix or Las Vegas, I am thinking
1) Drive to Grand Canyon South Rim. Stay at http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/
2) Drive up to Zion 4.5 hrs, stay at http://www.zionlodge.com/
3) Day trip to Bryce 1.5 hrs each way, stay at Zion again
4) Drive back to Vegas from Zion, 3 hrs.
I know it's a short amount of time but it's all we have.
What will there be to actually do at these locations in mid winter? will hiking be an option? will we just drive to lookouts etc? I have no idea, mostly about Zion and Bryce.
We will do hiking for photographs, but not more than about 6 miles return.
Specific - Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce. Winter Photography
- 1 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 2 Vero Beach FL
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 5 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 6 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 7 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 8 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 9 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 12 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 13 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 14 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 15 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 16 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 17 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 18 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 19 Question about Boulder area
- 20 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 21 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 22 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 23 Grand Canyon in March?
- 24 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 25 California Tour Groups?