I have some questions about a section of my itinerary.
I have 3 nights in mid January and I want to see Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce.
My main interest is photography.
Driving out of Phoenix or Las Vegas, I am thinking
1) Drive to Grand Canyon South Rim. Stay at http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/
2) Drive up to Zion 4.5 hrs, stay at http://www.zionlodge.com/
3) Day trip to Bryce 1.5 hrs each way, stay at Zion again
4) Drive back to Vegas from Zion, 3 hrs.
I know it's a short amount of time but it's all we have.
What will there be to actually do at these locations in mid winter? will hiking be an option? will we just drive to lookouts etc? I have no idea, mostly about Zion and Bryce.
We will do hiking for photographs, but not more than about 6 miles return.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 2 Christmas in Colorado
- 3 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 4 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 5 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 6 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 7 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 8 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 9 JFK to Washington
- 10 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 11 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 12 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 13 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 14 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 15 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 16 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 17 How much time in Badlands?
- 18 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 19 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 20 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 21 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 22 Las Vegas Trip Report - Royal Flusher's Lost Weekend
- 23 Where to live in the North East
- 24 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 25 Restaurant Recommendations