I have some questions about a section of my itinerary.
I have 3 nights in mid January and I want to see Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce.
My main interest is photography.
Driving out of Phoenix or Las Vegas, I am thinking
1) Drive to Grand Canyon South Rim. Stay at http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/
2) Drive up to Zion 4.5 hrs, stay at http://www.zionlodge.com/
3) Day trip to Bryce 1.5 hrs each way, stay at Zion again
4) Drive back to Vegas from Zion, 3 hrs.
I know it's a short amount of time but it's all we have.
What will there be to actually do at these locations in mid winter? will hiking be an option? will we just drive to lookouts etc? I have no idea, mostly about Zion and Bryce.
We will do hiking for photographs, but not more than about 6 miles return.
Specific - Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce. Winter Photography
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Questions
- 2 Timeshare Nightmares
- 3 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 4 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 How to dress in Vegas
- 7 USA trip
- 8 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 9 Breckenridge in October
- 10 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 11 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 12 Orlando for Work
- 13 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 14 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 15 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 16 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 17 NBA tickets??
- 18 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 19 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 20 charlotte
- 21 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 22 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 23 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 24 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 25 camaro hire in waikiki