I have some questions about a section of my itinerary.
I have 3 nights in mid January and I want to see Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce.
My main interest is photography.
Driving out of Phoenix or Las Vegas, I am thinking
1) Drive to Grand Canyon South Rim. Stay at http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/
2) Drive up to Zion 4.5 hrs, stay at http://www.zionlodge.com/
3) Day trip to Bryce 1.5 hrs each way, stay at Zion again
4) Drive back to Vegas from Zion, 3 hrs.
I know it's a short amount of time but it's all we have.
What will there be to actually do at these locations in mid winter? will hiking be an option? will we just drive to lookouts etc? I have no idea, mostly about Zion and Bryce.
We will do hiking for photographs, but not more than about 6 miles return.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 2 Back from the Big Easy
- 3 Border crossing
- 4 Cross country tips
- 5 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 6 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 7 Driving Alaska
- 8 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 9 Parka in PA during February?
- 10 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 11 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 12 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 13 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 14 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 15 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 16 Ideas for New York
- 17 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 18 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 19 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 20 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 21 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 22 IAH to HOU Questions
- 23 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 24 Jazzfest side trips
- 25 March in New Mexico