I have some questions about a section of my itinerary.
I have 3 nights in mid January and I want to see Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce.
My main interest is photography.
Driving out of Phoenix or Las Vegas, I am thinking
1) Drive to Grand Canyon South Rim. Stay at http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/
2) Drive up to Zion 4.5 hrs, stay at http://www.zionlodge.com/
3) Day trip to Bryce 1.5 hrs each way, stay at Zion again
4) Drive back to Vegas from Zion, 3 hrs.
I know it's a short amount of time but it's all we have.
What will there be to actually do at these locations in mid winter? will hiking be an option? will we just drive to lookouts etc? I have no idea, mostly about Zion and Bryce.
We will do hiking for photographs, but not more than about 6 miles return.
Specific - Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce. Winter Photography
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 2 San Francisco - mid October
- 3 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 4 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 5 Vegas hotels for families
- 6 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 7 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 8 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 9 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 10 San Diego with Kids
- 11 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 12 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 13 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 14 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 15 Transportation help in Philly
- 16 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 17 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 18 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 19 Temecula< CA
- 20 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 21 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 22 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 23 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 24 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 25 East Coast trip in 11 full days.