I have some questions about a section of my itinerary.
I have 3 nights in mid January and I want to see Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce.
My main interest is photography.
Driving out of Phoenix or Las Vegas, I am thinking
1) Drive to Grand Canyon South Rim. Stay at http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/
2) Drive up to Zion 4.5 hrs, stay at http://www.zionlodge.com/
3) Day trip to Bryce 1.5 hrs each way, stay at Zion again
4) Drive back to Vegas from Zion, 3 hrs.
I know it's a short amount of time but it's all we have.
What will there be to actually do at these locations in mid winter? will hiking be an option? will we just drive to lookouts etc? I have no idea, mostly about Zion and Bryce.
We will do hiking for photographs, but not more than about 6 miles return.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 2 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 3 Nashville Questions
- 4 First Trip to Texas -
- 5 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 6 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 7 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 8 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 9 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 10 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 11 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 12 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 13 Driving to Naples fl
- 14 Beaches in Florida
- 15 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 16 What to do in San Diego
- 17 Disney for Florida residents
- 18 Our Boston Getaway
- 19 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 20 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 21 Ground Transportation Denver Airport to Downtown
- 22 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 23 40th in Key West
- 24 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 25 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday