I have some questions about a section of my itinerary.
I have 3 nights in mid January and I want to see Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce.
My main interest is photography.
Driving out of Phoenix or Las Vegas, I am thinking
1) Drive to Grand Canyon South Rim. Stay at http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/
2) Drive up to Zion 4.5 hrs, stay at http://www.zionlodge.com/
3) Day trip to Bryce 1.5 hrs each way, stay at Zion again
4) Drive back to Vegas from Zion, 3 hrs.
I know it's a short amount of time but it's all we have.
What will there be to actually do at these locations in mid winter? will hiking be an option? will we just drive to lookouts etc? I have no idea, mostly about Zion and Bryce.
We will do hiking for photographs, but not more than about 6 miles return.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida with a 2 year old
- 2 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 3 Northern California Gardens.
- 4 Route 66
- 5 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 6 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 7 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 8 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 9 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 10 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 11 Train from east cost to west coast
- 12 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 13 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 14 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 15 Arches or Zion?
- 16 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 17 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 18 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 19 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 20 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 21 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 22 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 23 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 24 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 25 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City