Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 2 Vegas Where to Start
- 3 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary
- 5 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 6 Good Thai food in Vegas
- 7 Road trip October
- 8 Need anniversary dinner in Boston
- 9 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 10 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 11 Best rest area on Route 81 Sourht through Virginia
- 12 Rose Parade Novice
- 13 Colter Bay Village - GTNP question
- 14 NEEDED: Travel Agent for Honeymoon in Hawaii
- 15 Boston to Maine- August 22-29th
- 16 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 17 A little packing advice..
- 18 June 2015 Trip to Oregon
- 19 Washington, D.C. Metro info please?
- 20 Things to do off I81 through VA?
- 21 Niagara Falls train stations
- 22 Hawaii vacation- please help
- 23 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 24 Hertz closed for Labor Day Holiday? (Santa Monica)
- 25 Quick NYC weekend with 6 yr old
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!