Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Columbia River Gorge and Portland
- 2 Planning Tips for Disney World
- 3 B&B recommendation in Carmel
- 4 Cape Cod or no?
- 5 Colorado Itinerary
- 6 Barrymore vs Triple George Grill
- 7 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 8 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 9 Dogs in Taos
- 10 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 11 San Antonio, Texas
- 12 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 13 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 14 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 15 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 16 Advice for So. CAL travel with 2 teen boys 13 & 15
- 17 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 18 Parking in Naples Florida
- 19 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 20 Boston Airport Hotels
- 21 Nashville Never Been
- 22 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 23 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 24 Uber boston
- 25 Week long trip--Dallas/Austin/SA
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!