Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Long Island Advice
- 2 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 3 Cost of living in Incline Village NV
- 4 Maine Road Trip for fall foliage and moose sightings
- 5 Monterey and Napa
- 6 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 7 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 8 Breckenridge in October
- 9 LA to SF via Yosemite- help with itinerary
- 10 Public transportation SLC to Marriott City Creek?
- 11 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 12 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 13 East Coast in December
- 14 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 15 New England in the fall
- 16 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 17 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 18 N California trip questions
- 19 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 20 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 21 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 22 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 23 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 24 Looking for Next Destination
- 25 Worst Restaurants in America