Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 2 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 3 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 4 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 5 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 6 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 7 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 8 Fancy dining
- 9 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 10 Charlotte restaurant help
- 11 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 12 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 13 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 14 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 15 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 16 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 17 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 18 Road Trip SW
- 19 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 20 culpepper
- 21 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 22 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 23 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 24 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 25 2 weeks in Alaska