Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 2 Mesa Verde
- 3 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 4 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 5 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 6 ONP help
- 7 NYC Clubs for live music
- 8 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 9 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 10 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 11 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area
- 12 Seattle Hyatts
- 13 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 14 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 15 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 16 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 17 Coastal New England Road trip
- 18 Seattle: Something Different?
- 19 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 20 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 21 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 22 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 23 Park City ideas
- 24 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 25 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas