Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 2 San Francisco California
- 3 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 4 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 5 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 6 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 7 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 8 United Nations tours
- 9 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 10 September Road Trip in New England
- 11 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 12 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 13 NYC with 8 yr old
- 14 Miami and New Orleans
- 15 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 16 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 17 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 18 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 19 TR: Washington and Gettysburg in 4 Nights
- 20 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 21 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 22 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 23 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 24 stopping off I 81 South
- 25 Boston Restaurants - suggestions please
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!