Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas/California May 2016
- 2 http://newslim5forskolinhit.com/kill-shot-hack/
- 3 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 4 hilicopter tour oahu
- 5 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 6 Eugene, OR/Redwoods/San Francisco
- 7 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 8 Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort
- 9 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 10 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 11 Road trip from and back to New York
- 12 Where to Stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?
- 13 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 14 Berkshires with a toddler
- 15 Nice area south of Muskegon for boating & ambience
- 16 Hoover Dam: best location for photos of the dam?
- 17 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 18 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 19 Best way to see Oahu
- 20 What area of San Diego to stay in?
- 21 CA coast road trip with kids
- 22 Minnesota to Colorado
- 23 Pittsburgh Trip
- 24 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 25 Summer 2016 Group Vacation with young kids
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!