Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 2 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 3 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 4 car rentals in San Diego
- 5 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 6 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 7 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 8 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 9 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 10 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 11 Angels Landing
- 12 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 13 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 14 First time visit to California
- 15 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 16 NY State Assembly Internship
- 17 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 18 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 19 Touring Hearst Castle
- 20 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 21 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 22 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 23 San Francisco
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 California road trip - oneway or round trip
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!