Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco transit options
- 2 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 3 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 4 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 5 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 6 Honeymoon on PCH
- 7 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 8 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 9 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 10 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 11 No Spam this morning!!
- 12 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 13 Ideas for New York
- 14 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 15 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 16 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 17 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 18 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 19 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 20 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 21 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 22 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 23 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 24 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 25 Help us choose a hotel
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!