Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 2 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 3 Self guided White House tour
- 4 Northwest USA
- 5 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 6 Central Coast-California
- 7 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 8 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 9 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 10 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 11 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 12 Moving to CT
- 13 Hotels Philly
- 14 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 15 Ackislander
- 16 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 17 san diego or nearby area
- 18 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 19 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 20 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 21 LA for a day and a half
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 24 Texas
- 25 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal