Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 2 First Trip to Texas -
- 3 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 4 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 5 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 6 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 7 Transportation from Lahaina to Kaanapali Westin
- 8 Downtown Chicago
- 9 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 10 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 11 Charleston Hotel Question
- 12 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 13 Transfers from Newark airport hotels to New York cruise terminal
- 14 New Hampshire
- 15 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 16 Driving to Naples fl
- 17 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 18 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 19 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 20 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 21 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 22 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 23 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 24 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 25 Nashville Questions
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!