Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://quicksupplementfact.com/neurocet/
- 2 http://megacleanseradvice.com/maxtropin-reviews/
- 3 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 4 Las vegas +21
- 5 Your favourite places in New York City
- 6 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 7 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 8 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 9 Best areas to stay from Dunedin to St Pete Beach?
- 10 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 11 Trip Starting from New York
- 12 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 13 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 14 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 15 Nilichik Ak.
- 16 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 17 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 18 Grand Teton Questions
- 19 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 20 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 21 Grand American Road Trip!
- 22 Santa Cruz and down the coast.
- 23 Rules of the Subway
- 24 Grand Teton Questuons
- 25 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!