Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 2 http://healthpartreport.com/slimfy/
- 3 Senior Travel Helper
- 4 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 5 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 6 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 7 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 8 Cab from Newark to West Windsor NJ.
- 9 Dining and wining in Dallas
- 10 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 11 your favorite city USA?
- 12 Pacific coast road trip
- 13 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 14 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 15 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 16 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 17 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 18 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 19 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley
- 20 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 21 Austin with Kids
- 22 Two days out of Seattle
- 23 New Orleans and Slidell
- 24 Help with driving East to West
- 25 Long weekend in D.C. With family
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!