Our youngest son is going to a camp in NC this summer, so we're thinking about picking him up and then doing a loop through the south - visiting places we're lived or have ties to that the boys have never seen or don't remember. We would start in Florida, pick Rob up about 3 hours east of Chattanooga, then stop in Chattanooga (see the Delta Queen steamship which is now a hotel there), Nashville, Tupelo MS, Jackson MS, New Orleans, then drive back to Bradenton FL. We know what we want to do/see in most of the places, but what about things to do along the way? The boys are 17, 19, and 21 - we like outdoor things, architecture, history, weird roadside attractions, and barbecue. We haven't been back to Nashville for a LONG time. We want to go to the Narrows, Percy Warner Park, Belle Meade, Rotiers, and Belle Meade Motel, Vandy, the Parthenon - what else would you suggest for teenagers? We're debating a downtown hotel vs less expensive. Also, we want to break up that loooong and boring I-10 drive - what would be a good stop?
Southern road trip - FL/NC/TN/MS/LA
- 1 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 2 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 3 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 4 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 5 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 6 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 7 stay near newark or nyc
- 8 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 9 Breakfast in Chelsea district NYC
- 10 Washington Wineries
- 11 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 12 Less commercial beach?
- 13 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 14 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 15 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 16 Moab Condo Rental Possibilities
- 17 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 18 Priceline, WARNING
- 19 Kauai golf
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 22 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 23 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 24 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 25 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |