Hello all. I am planning a road trip with my Mom (I am 27, she is 53 but our interests are very similar) in April of next year. I'm trying to be as prepared as possible so looking for help and ideas. We will be driving from central Oklahoma where we live to St. Louis first, then through Kentucky and on to Virginia Beach, VA. From there we'd like to drive down the coast and see NC, SC, GA, and from Jacksonville, FL go to Panama City then New Orleans then back home. I'm at the very beginning stages of this trip so any suggestions would be fantastic! Am I being unrealistic to think we can actually drive down the coast? From what I've seen so far I need to avoid I-95 but the other maps I've seen show me plenty of ways to head south. We will have 10 days total for the entire trip from start to finish.
Southern East Coast road trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 3 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 4 Brooklyn why?
- 5 New York City Restaurants
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 WISCONSIN
- 9 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 16 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 Dining in D.C.
- 19 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 20 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 21 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 22 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 23 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 24 Colorado in the summer!
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH