Hello all. I am planning a road trip with my Mom (I am 27, she is 53 but our interests are very similar) in April of next year. I'm trying to be as prepared as possible so looking for help and ideas. We will be driving from central Oklahoma where we live to St. Louis first, then through Kentucky and on to Virginia Beach, VA. From there we'd like to drive down the coast and see NC, SC, GA, and from Jacksonville, FL go to Panama City then New Orleans then back home. I'm at the very beginning stages of this trip so any suggestions would be fantastic! Am I being unrealistic to think we can actually drive down the coast? From what I've seen so far I need to avoid I-95 but the other maps I've seen show me plenty of ways to head south. We will have 10 days total for the entire trip from start to finish.
Southern East Coast road trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 2 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 3 First family ski trip
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 6 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 7 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Alaska
- 10 San Diego grocery stores
- 11 San Diego parks and attractions
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 14 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 15 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 16 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 22 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Visiting Denver
- 25 Planning family gathering in Sedona