Hello all, I will be returning to Southern California in a few weeks with our family. We will be flying into San Diego and planning on one day at Disneyland. It is a four-day trip. I want to go to the beach at least one day. Would you recommend somewhere in San Diego or should we just head towards Orange County? We arrive late morning and have all day to get to the Anaheim area. We've been to Balboa Park and the Coronado beach before (and loved it). If we've been to Coronado, should we do Huntington or Newport Beach instead or are San Diego beaches better? Also, Is the Cabrillo Monument worth a visit this trip? We love being outdoors. I don't think we want to do the zoo, SeaWorld, etc., this trip. Thanks!
Southern California With Kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 2 What are favorite small and large NYC restaurants?
- 3 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 4 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 5 We are going to Hawaii in October, have some questions:
- 6 Hawaii
- 7 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 8 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 9 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 10 River Cafe
- 11 Predictions for peak leaf color in September?
- 12 Best place to spend NYE in LA with a young family
- 13 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 14 New Fire: Yosemite/Oakhurst
- 15 Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 16 How to Kill Time Overnite in NYC?
- 17 Long Island Advice
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 20 Recommendations for Moderately Priced Dining in Moab?
- 21 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 22 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 23 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help
- 24 Drive from Seattle to Reno
- 25 Hawaii with kids