My sister and I (in our mid 20's)are from NY and we take a trip every year during our feb. break (we're both teachers). We've been going to Europe for a few years but decided it was time to see more of our own country!
While watching the food network one day we got the idea for a southern bbq tour. we love barbeque! obviously we want to see important sites as well. slightly out of the ordinary things are always good as well as the "must see" historical, artistic, landmark kind of things as well.
As I said, the trip wont be until february, so we are just getting started with research and planning, but I thought you could help me figure out our route. We have 9 days, we will be renting a car obviously, and sharing the driving, but i would think about 4 hours a day would be enough driving for us. Our idea right now (which can absolutely be changed and added to)is to fly into San Antonio, stay there for a day, drive to Austin and then to Houston for another day. I would like to end up in Savannah and Charleston at the end of the trip, the rest is pretty much up in the air. We have both been to New Orleans, but we really liked it and it seems like a logical stop in the middle. Also Atlanta seems to be on the way. Any ideas for a few more places to stop and see basically between Houston and Savannah? Hotels to spend the night, restaurants to eat at, sights to see?
Thanks so much in advance,
southern bbq roadtrip suggestions please
- 1 hotel near Met NYC
- 2 Where should I move to?
- 3 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 4 St. Augustine, Florida
- 5 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 6 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 7 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 8 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 Fripp island
- 11 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 14 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 15 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 16 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 17 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 18 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 19 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Hotel near Public Theater
- 22 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 23 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 24 San Antonio
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles