My sister and I (in our mid 20's)are from NY and we take a trip every year during our feb. break (we're both teachers). We've been going to Europe for a few years but decided it was time to see more of our own country!
While watching the food network one day we got the idea for a southern bbq tour. we love barbeque! obviously we want to see important sites as well. slightly out of the ordinary things are always good as well as the "must see" historical, artistic, landmark kind of things as well.
As I said, the trip wont be until february, so we are just getting started with research and planning, but I thought you could help me figure out our route. We have 9 days, we will be renting a car obviously, and sharing the driving, but i would think about 4 hours a day would be enough driving for us. Our idea right now (which can absolutely be changed and added to)is to fly into San Antonio, stay there for a day, drive to Austin and then to Houston for another day. I would like to end up in Savannah and Charleston at the end of the trip, the rest is pretty much up in the air. We have both been to New Orleans, but we really liked it and it seems like a logical stop in the middle. Also Atlanta seems to be on the way. Any ideas for a few more places to stop and see basically between Houston and Savannah? Hotels to spend the night, restaurants to eat at, sights to see?
Thanks so much in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Classic Hemp CBD Oil - Natural Anti Anging Serum
- 2 San Diego VRBO area
- 3 NeuActive - Best Organic Anti-Aging Serum Skin Care
- 4 Zyflex - This Supplement Can Increase Male Enhancement
- 5 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 6 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 7 Glacier National Park 2018
- 8 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 9 Muir Woods in October
- 10 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 11 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 12 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 13 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 14 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 15 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 16 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 17 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 18 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 19 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 20 Colorado Shows Off
- 21 New England Tour
- 22 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 23 help me plan a Cali trip
- 24 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 25 10-hour MIA layover ideas?