Hi. I’m hoping I can get some suggestions for vacation spots for my family. We live in FL, and are interested in a vacation spot we can drive to (mid-July time frame). We have 2 children who will be 3-1/2 years and 9 months at that time. We are looking to get a little relief from the heat of South Florida in the summer time, but understand that we are pretty much looking at a destination somewhere in the Southeastern US, as we really don’t want to spend too much time driving. We’ve considered the beaches, mountains, you name it….just want to get some input from those who’ve had great vacations with their little ones in the same age group as ours. We’ll have a week or so to spend at our destination. Ideally, it would be someplace where we could keep the 3-1/2 year old occupied but have somewhere to cool off a bit too. We’ve been to the NC mountains (several years ago pre-kids) and loved it, but I’m not sure how appropriate it is for vacation with our little ones….any advice that anyone has would be great! Thanks!
Southeast US vacation ideas for family with young kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 2 California
- 3 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 4 Christmas in TX
- 5 San Diego locals-can you advise?
- 6 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 7 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 8 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 9 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 10 Oregon Road Trip
- 11 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 12 Tucson area flooding
- 13 Long Island Advice
- 14 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 15 Colorado aspen updates
- 16 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 17 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 18 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 19 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 20 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 21 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 22 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 23 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 24 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 25 Boston suggestions