Hi. I’m hoping I can get some suggestions for vacation spots for my family. We live in FL, and are interested in a vacation spot we can drive to (mid-July time frame). We have 2 children who will be 3-1/2 years and 9 months at that time. We are looking to get a little relief from the heat of South Florida in the summer time, but understand that we are pretty much looking at a destination somewhere in the Southeastern US, as we really don’t want to spend too much time driving. We’ve considered the beaches, mountains, you name it….just want to get some input from those who’ve had great vacations with their little ones in the same age group as ours. We’ll have a week or so to spend at our destination. Ideally, it would be someplace where we could keep the 3-1/2 year old occupied but have somewhere to cool off a bit too. We’ve been to the NC mountains (several years ago pre-kids) and loved it, but I’m not sure how appropriate it is for vacation with our little ones….any advice that anyone has would be great! Thanks!
Southeast US vacation ideas for family with young kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 Washington DC in Spring?
- 4 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 5 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 6 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 7 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 8 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 9 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 10 Richmond highlights?
- 11 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 12 Must Eats
- 13 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 14 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 15 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Florida St George's Island
- 18 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 19 Union Square area restaurant
- 20 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???