Hi. I’m hoping I can get some suggestions for vacation spots for my family. We live in FL, and are interested in a vacation spot we can drive to (mid-July time frame). We have 2 children who will be 3-1/2 years and 9 months at that time. We are looking to get a little relief from the heat of South Florida in the summer time, but understand that we are pretty much looking at a destination somewhere in the Southeastern US, as we really don’t want to spend too much time driving. We’ve considered the beaches, mountains, you name it….just want to get some input from those who’ve had great vacations with their little ones in the same age group as ours. We’ll have a week or so to spend at our destination. Ideally, it would be someplace where we could keep the 3-1/2 year old occupied but have somewhere to cool off a bit too. We’ve been to the NC mountains (several years ago pre-kids) and loved it, but I’m not sure how appropriate it is for vacation with our little ones….any advice that anyone has would be great! Thanks!
Southeast US vacation ideas for family with young kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 Orlando to Savannah
- 5 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 6 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 7 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 8 Dinner in Miami
- 9 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 10 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 11 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 14 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 15 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 18 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 21 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 22 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 23 Christmas weather?
- 24 Big island itinerary
- 25 New York City and New England