Hi! my husband and I are planning to fly from Boston to Washington DC and rent a car to tour some of the southeast. We were planning on staying a night in DC with friends then heading down the coast to Savannah then back up through the mountains and back to DC. We would like to visit Beaufort NC and SC, Charleston and Savannah, Athens GA and Asheville NC. We were hoping to do this in 10 days. Any advise on scenic routes to take or how many days to allow in each location? We have never been to this part of the country and are looking forward to exploring. Are we trying to fit too many places into too short of a time frame? Thanks in advance for your input!
SOUTHEAST ROAD TRIP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City and New England
- 2 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 3 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 4 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 6 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 7 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 8 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 9 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 10 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 13 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 16 Best Destination in USA
- 17 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 18 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 19 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 20 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 x mas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 25 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice