Hi! my husband and I are planning to fly from Boston to Washington DC and rent a car to tour some of the southeast. We were planning on staying a night in DC with friends then heading down the coast to Savannah then back up through the mountains and back to DC. We would like to visit Beaufort NC and SC, Charleston and Savannah, Athens GA and Asheville NC. We were hoping to do this in 10 days. Any advise on scenic routes to take or how many days to allow in each location? We have never been to this part of the country and are looking forward to exploring. Are we trying to fit too many places into too short of a time frame? Thanks in advance for your input!
SOUTHEAST ROAD TRIP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 American Honeymoon in March
- 2 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 3 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 4 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 5 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 6 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 7 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 8 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 9 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 10 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 11 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 12 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 13 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 14 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 15 From Seattle airport to the city
- 16 Middle America in October
- 17 New York City Christmas Trip
- 18 visit to HIghLine
- 19 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 20 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 21 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 22 Colorado Skiing
- 23 4 week family trip ideas
- 24 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 25 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go