I have a short visit (1-2 days) with my 19 year old daughter, who is in South Windham, CT for the summer. Can you provide any suggestions for things to do in the area or nearby? I believe Providence, RI is about 1 hour from there but not sure what there is to do in Providence. I checked and Waterfire is NOT scheduled for the days I will be visiting. She likes the beach, fireworks/light shows, nature/wildlife.... I would love to hear suggestions from the always helpful Fodorites! Thanks guys!!!
South Windham, CT - what's nearby
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help w Utah National Parks Visit-Itinerary check
- 2 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 3 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 4 3 nights in Nashville
- 5 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Cape Cod in early April
- 8 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 9 Four days in DC
- 10 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 11 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 12 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 13 One Night at Logan Airport
- 14 Circle Oahu / luau
- 15 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 16 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 17 Backpacking in April
- 18 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 19 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 20 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 21 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 22 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 23 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 24 Please help with itinerary
- 25 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde