We are thinking about going to Texas in early April to celebrate our anniversary and my husbands 65th birthday. We have never been to Texas but love walking the beaches and enjoying birds and wildlife and possibly go out fishing for a day . I know the beaches won't be the white sugar sand like in Florida but are the beaches a hard sand that are easy to walk on? Not sure if there would be enough to do in SPI for a week so thought we might split the time and also go to San Antonio since we have never been down there. If we split the time how many days do you suggest in each location? Do you know of any nice condos on the beach? Thanks for any help you can provide us.
South Padre Island/San Antonio
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 2 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 3 Big Island touring – clockwise best?
- 4 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 5 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 6 Hana from the aiport
- 7 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 8 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 9 from Moab to Bryce
- 10 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 11 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 12 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 13 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 14 San Diego-Hotel
- 15 Los Angeles day trips
- 16 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 17 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 18 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 19 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 20 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 21 Smoky Mountains via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 22 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 23 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 24 Las Vegas in March
- 25 Kauai Garden tours