My son and his friends (total of 8) had a condo reserved on South Padre Island, beginning this Friday, March 9. It got flooded and they have been told it won't be ready for their excursion. I know that everyone is leary about Spring Breakers, but these are all good, responsible kids that are heartsick because their trip has fallen through. Everyone is scrambling to try to find them another place. I don't know much about that area, but are there any suggestions from my beloved Fodorites that could help or point us in the right direction? I don't know what beaches or areas the kids like (I believe that they were going to be near Coca Cola (?) beach. I think so highly of these kids, that I would be willing to front their damage deposit. They won't do any damage - they just want to relax after a tough semester (they are engineering students) and basketball season (they are all on their college team). Help!!
South Padre Island - Need help FAST!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado aspen updates
- 2 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 3 Oregon Road Trip
- 4 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 5 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 6 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 7 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 8 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 9 Worst Restaurants in America
- 10 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 11 4 week family trip ideas
- 12 Newport Restaurants
- 13 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 14 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 15 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 16 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 17 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 18 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 19 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 20 Question About Sealodge
- 21 Broadway choices
- 22 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 23 Fairbanks Alaska
- 24 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 25 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park