My son and his friends (total of 8) had a condo reserved on South Padre Island, beginning this Friday, March 9. It got flooded and they have been told it won't be ready for their excursion. I know that everyone is leary about Spring Breakers, but these are all good, responsible kids that are heartsick because their trip has fallen through. Everyone is scrambling to try to find them another place. I don't know much about that area, but are there any suggestions from my beloved Fodorites that could help or point us in the right direction? I don't know what beaches or areas the kids like (I believe that they were going to be near Coca Cola (?) beach. I think so highly of these kids, that I would be willing to front their damage deposit. They won't do any damage - they just want to relax after a tough semester (they are engineering students) and basketball season (they are all on their college team). Help!!
South Padre Island - Need help FAST!
View all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 2 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 3 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 4 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 5 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 6 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 7 RIP Judy Rogers
- 8 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 9 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 10 Boston area
- 11 Savanah Sojourn
- 12 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 13 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 14 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 15 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 16 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 17 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 18 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 19 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 20 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 21 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 22 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 23 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 24 Warm and don't Drive
- 25 Train from Boston to Rockport?