My husband and son are considering a hike on the Centennnial trail. They are talking about a four to seven day trip in August. Does anyone have suggestions on what not to miss in this area? Our son is in college in Nebraska so the area is very new and unfamiliar to us. They are also wishing that they could hike without having to then turn around and hike back to the car seeing the same area. Any ideas on how to avoid that? And one last question they have been reading that many of the creeks are dry in August which limits water for drinking. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
South Dakota Centennial Trail
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 2 moving to florida
- 3 Charlotte restaurant help
- 4 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 5 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 6 Alaska railroad?
- 7 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 8 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 9 culpepper
- 10 NYC Clubs for live music
- 11 Mesa Verde
- 12 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 13 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 14 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 15 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 16 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 17 Itinerary opinions
- 18 Calgary to Banff
- 19 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 20 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 21 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 22 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 23 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 24 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 25 Our perfect day in Key West