My husband and son are considering a hike on the Centennnial trail. They are talking about a four to seven day trip in August. Does anyone have suggestions on what not to miss in this area? Our son is in college in Nebraska so the area is very new and unfamiliar to us. They are also wishing that they could hike without having to then turn around and hike back to the car seeing the same area. Any ideas on how to avoid that? And one last question they have been reading that many of the creeks are dry in August which limits water for drinking. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
South Dakota Centennial Trail
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Travel West Coast
- 5 Rafting near Denali
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 10 Where to go in Maine?
- 11 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 12 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 13 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 14 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 15 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 16 Colorado in the summer!
- 17 Kennebunkport and....?
- 18 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 19 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 20 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 21 WISCONSIN
- 22 Jersey City Parking
- 23 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 24 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 25 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report