My husband and son are considering a hike on the Centennnial trail. They are talking about a four to seven day trip in August. Does anyone have suggestions on what not to miss in this area? Our son is in college in Nebraska so the area is very new and unfamiliar to us. They are also wishing that they could hike without having to then turn around and hike back to the car seeing the same area. Any ideas on how to avoid that? And one last question they have been reading that many of the creeks are dry in August which limits water for drinking. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
South Dakota Centennial Trail
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 2 USA with a 3 year old
- 3 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 4 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 5 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 8 San Diego parks and attractions
- 9 Alaska
- 10 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 11 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 12 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 13 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 14 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 15 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 18 Universal studios/Orlando
- 19 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 20 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 23 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 24 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 25 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!