My husband and son are considering a hike on the Centennnial trail. They are talking about a four to seven day trip in August. Does anyone have suggestions on what not to miss in this area? Our son is in college in Nebraska so the area is very new and unfamiliar to us. They are also wishing that they could hike without having to then turn around and hike back to the car seeing the same area. Any ideas on how to avoid that? And one last question they have been reading that many of the creeks are dry in August which limits water for drinking. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
South Dakota Centennial Trail
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 2 DC - WW2 flyover
- 3 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 4 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 5 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 6 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 7 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 8 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 9 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 10 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 11 Alaska Trip Planning
- 12 New York City-New Things?
- 13 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 14 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 15 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec Road Trip
- 16 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 17 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 18 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 19 Romantic destination in the US
- 20 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 21 Kid School Admission
- 22 Mount Vernon?
- 23 Lynni's Quick Trip to Washington DC and Virginia
- 24 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 25 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report