My husband and son are considering a hike on the Centennnial trail. They are talking about a four to seven day trip in August. Does anyone have suggestions on what not to miss in this area? Our son is in college in Nebraska so the area is very new and unfamiliar to us. They are also wishing that they could hike without having to then turn around and hike back to the car seeing the same area. Any ideas on how to avoid that? And one last question they have been reading that many of the creeks are dry in August which limits water for drinking. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
South Dakota Centennial Trail
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 2 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 3 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 4 Oahu ideas
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 7 San Diego grocery stores
- 8 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 9 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 10 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 11 West Coast Bound End of March
- 12 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 13 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 14 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 15 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 16 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 17 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 18 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 19 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 20 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 21 Best places to move to Florida?
- 22 Juneau May 8th
- 23 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 24 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles