My husband and son are considering a hike on the Centennnial trail. They are talking about a four to seven day trip in August. Does anyone have suggestions on what not to miss in this area? Our son is in college in Nebraska so the area is very new and unfamiliar to us. They are also wishing that they could hike without having to then turn around and hike back to the car seeing the same area. Any ideas on how to avoid that? And one last question they have been reading that many of the creeks are dry in August which limits water for drinking. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
South Dakota Centennial Trail
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 2 East Coast in December
- 3 LA to SF via Yosemite- help with itinerary
- 4 Monterey and Napa
- 5 Maine Road Trip for fall foliage and moose sightings
- 6 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 7 New England in the fall
- 8 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 9 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 10 N California trip questions
- 11 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 12 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 13 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 14 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 15 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 16 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 17 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 18 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 19 Looking for Next Destination
- 20 Worst Restaurants in America
- 21 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 22 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 23 Fall color yet?
- 24 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 25 Yosemite Lodging