My husband and son are considering a hike on the Centennnial trail. They are talking about a four to seven day trip in August. Does anyone have suggestions on what not to miss in this area? Our son is in college in Nebraska so the area is very new and unfamiliar to us. They are also wishing that they could hike without having to then turn around and hike back to the car seeing the same area. Any ideas on how to avoid that? And one last question they have been reading that many of the creeks are dry in August which limits water for drinking. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
South Dakota Centennial Trail
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 2 New York city--best time to visit??
- 3 California & French Polynesia
- 4 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 5 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 6 General Utah planning questions
- 7 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 8 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 11 Boston area -- nature
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 14 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 15 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 16 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 17 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 18 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 19 SFO black friday traffic
- 20 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 21 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 22 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 23 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 24 Dining in Manhattan
- 25 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM