My husband and son are considering a hike on the Centennnial trail. They are talking about a four to seven day trip in August. Does anyone have suggestions on what not to miss in this area? Our son is in college in Nebraska so the area is very new and unfamiliar to us. They are also wishing that they could hike without having to then turn around and hike back to the car seeing the same area. Any ideas on how to avoid that? And one last question they have been reading that many of the creeks are dry in August which limits water for drinking. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
South Dakota Centennial Trail
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 2 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 3 Oahu ideas
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 Best places to move to Florida?
- 9 West Coast Bound End of March
- 10 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 11 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 12 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 13 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 14 Key Largo, FL
- 15 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 16 Death Valley in June
- 17 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 18 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 19 San Diego grocery stores
- 20 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 22 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 23 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 24 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 25 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?