My husband and son are considering a hike on the Centennnial trail. They are talking about a four to seven day trip in August. Does anyone have suggestions on what not to miss in this area? Our son is in college in Nebraska so the area is very new and unfamiliar to us. They are also wishing that they could hike without having to then turn around and hike back to the car seeing the same area. Any ideas on how to avoid that? And one last question they have been reading that many of the creeks are dry in August which limits water for drinking. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
South Dakota Centennial Trail
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 week family trip ideas
- 2 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 3 Washington DC in Spring?
- 4 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 5 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 6 Broadway this week
- 7 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 8 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 9 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 10 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 11 New York, New York...
- 12 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 13 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 14 trains in Europe
- 15 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 16 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 17 USA trip
- 18 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 19 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 20 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 21 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 22 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 23 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 24 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 25 Packer game hotel on the bus line.