My husband and son are considering a hike on the Centennnial trail. They are talking about a four to seven day trip in August. Does anyone have suggestions on what not to miss in this area? Our son is in college in Nebraska so the area is very new and unfamiliar to us. They are also wishing that they could hike without having to then turn around and hike back to the car seeing the same area. Any ideas on how to avoid that? And one last question they have been reading that many of the creeks are dry in August which limits water for drinking. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
South Dakota Centennial Trail
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First visit in New Mexico
- 2 Maine in latter half of September
- 3 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 4 10 day Northern California Itinerary
- 5 Cape cod and Acadia
- 6 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 7 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 8 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 9 Grand Marais?
- 10 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 11 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 12 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 13 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 14 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 15 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 16 Grand Teton in October
- 17 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 18 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 19 adams morgan - safety
- 20 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 21 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 22 Morning in miami
- 23 Las Vegas must sees
- 24 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 25 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?