Hi Everyone! Finally purchased our tickets to South Dakota; we will leave in late May and have allocated two weeks for this trip. Our thinking it one week to see everything in South Dakota and then drive to Yellowstone, which would be our 3rd trip here. I am curious to know if anyone has based themselves in Rapid City for the South Dakota part instead of moving around and changing hotels. If so, I would appreciate some help on the lodging. I have Yellowstone pretty much planned, but am unsure of the Dakota portion. My first thought was just to stay at a Comfort Inn and drive where we wanted each day until we move to Yellowstone. Any and all help greatly appreciated! Thanks!
South Dakota and Yellowstone accomodations
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 2 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)
- 3 Los Angeles day trips
- 4 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 5 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 6 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 7 Rental Services
- 8 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 9 Safety in New Orleans
- 10 Montana- what are must see places?
- 11 Road to Hana
- 12 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 13 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 14 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 15 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 16 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 17 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 18 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 19 Hawaii is still Hell
- 20 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 21 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan Islands
- 22 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 23 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 24 Orlando parks advice
- 25 Best to do list on Hawaii