It seems like sonoma is the consensus most convenient place to stay for access to a lot of wine area. We have 3 days in wine country - our plan is to eat a lot, go to Di Rosa, ride in a hot air balloon, maybe rent bikes, and go to a couple wineries each day. The cottage inn looks great and the off-season prices are within the budget. However 2 of our 3 dinner reservations are in Yountville (Ad Hoc and Bouchon) so wondering how long the drive is from Sonoma to Yountville. I know driving times in this area can be much longer than google maps claims... How much would a cab run to bring us to and from Yountville if we want to have a heavier wine night?
In Mendocino, we are staying 3 nights at the Andiron - has anyone stayed here? It seems rustic but still "nice." Want to be sure that it is MANY steps up from camping.
We would like to do some kayaking on the coast in Mendocino - have seen 2 different companies - Liquid Fusion and Kayak Mendocino - any recommendation between the two? Also, where is the best place to spend an afternoon doing some easy hiking in the redwoods?
Lastly - does this itinerary look doable/ideal?
Thursday- late flight into SFO, sleep at airport hotel
Friday- Drive up the coast (route 1?) Stop at pt reyes on the way to eat some cheese and walk around, light hiking, etc. Arrive Mendocino
Saturday and Sunday - full days around Mendocino - kayak, redwoods, breweries, relaxation (any spa recommendation?)
Monday - Drive down 101, stop in 1 or 2 tasting rooms in Healdsburg area. Arrive hotel in Sonoma or Yountville
Tuesday, Wednesday - wine, food, art, etc
thursday - Drive back to SFO and go home.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscart.com/shred-fx/
- 2 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 3 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 4 Glacier National Park 2018
- 5 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 6 Muir Woods in October
- 7 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 8 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 9 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 10 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 11 San Diego VRBO area
- 12 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 13 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 14 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 15 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 16 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 17 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 18 Colorado Shows Off
- 19 New England Tour
- 20 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 21 help me plan a Cali trip
- 22 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 23 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 24 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 25 Wilmington DE questions