It seems like sonoma is the consensus most convenient place to stay for access to a lot of wine area. We have 3 days in wine country - our plan is to eat a lot, go to Di Rosa, ride in a hot air balloon, maybe rent bikes, and go to a couple wineries each day. The cottage inn looks great and the off-season prices are within the budget. However 2 of our 3 dinner reservations are in Yountville (Ad Hoc and Bouchon) so wondering how long the drive is from Sonoma to Yountville. I know driving times in this area can be much longer than google maps claims... How much would a cab run to bring us to and from Yountville if we want to have a heavier wine night?
In Mendocino, we are staying 3 nights at the Andiron - has anyone stayed here? It seems rustic but still "nice." Want to be sure that it is MANY steps up from camping.
We would like to do some kayaking on the coast in Mendocino - have seen 2 different companies - Liquid Fusion and Kayak Mendocino - any recommendation between the two? Also, where is the best place to spend an afternoon doing some easy hiking in the redwoods?
Lastly - does this itinerary look doable/ideal?
Thursday- late flight into SFO, sleep at airport hotel
Friday- Drive up the coast (route 1?) Stop at pt reyes on the way to eat some cheese and walk around, light hiking, etc. Arrive Mendocino
Saturday and Sunday - full days around Mendocino - kayak, redwoods, breweries, relaxation (any spa recommendation?)
Monday - Drive down 101, stop in 1 or 2 tasting rooms in Healdsburg area. Arrive hotel in Sonoma or Yountville
Tuesday, Wednesday - wine, food, art, etc
thursday - Drive back to SFO and go home.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas Escorts
- 2 Later Winter around Mobile
- 3 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 4 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 5 Uber boston
- 6 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 7 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 8 Florida keys trip
- 9 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 10 First Time to Maine - Itinerary Help!
- 11 New orleans recs for family
- 12 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 13 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 14 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 15 Florida beach vacation
- 16 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 17 Hawaii Help
- 18 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 19 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 20 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 21 HAWAII; HELP!
- 22 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 23 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 24 Coffee in Boston?
- 25 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.