It seems like sonoma is the consensus most convenient place to stay for access to a lot of wine area. We have 3 days in wine country - our plan is to eat a lot, go to Di Rosa, ride in a hot air balloon, maybe rent bikes, and go to a couple wineries each day. The cottage inn looks great and the off-season prices are within the budget. However 2 of our 3 dinner reservations are in Yountville (Ad Hoc and Bouchon) so wondering how long the drive is from Sonoma to Yountville. I know driving times in this area can be much longer than google maps claims... How much would a cab run to bring us to and from Yountville if we want to have a heavier wine night?
In Mendocino, we are staying 3 nights at the Andiron - has anyone stayed here? It seems rustic but still "nice." Want to be sure that it is MANY steps up from camping.
We would like to do some kayaking on the coast in Mendocino - have seen 2 different companies - Liquid Fusion and Kayak Mendocino - any recommendation between the two? Also, where is the best place to spend an afternoon doing some easy hiking in the redwoods?
Lastly - does this itinerary look doable/ideal?
Thursday- late flight into SFO, sleep at airport hotel
Friday- Drive up the coast (route 1?) Stop at pt reyes on the way to eat some cheese and walk around, light hiking, etc. Arrive Mendocino
Saturday and Sunday - full days around Mendocino - kayak, redwoods, breweries, relaxation (any spa recommendation?)
Monday - Drive down 101, stop in 1 or 2 tasting rooms in Healdsburg area. Arrive hotel in Sonoma or Yountville
Tuesday, Wednesday - wine, food, art, etc
thursday - Drive back to SFO and go home.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 40th in Key West
- 2 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 3 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 4 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 5 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 6 Downtown Chicago
- 7 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 8 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 9 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 10 Safety Concerns
- 11 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 12 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 13 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 14 What to do in San Diego
- 15 Nashville
- 16 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 17 Beaches in Florida
- 18 fort lauderdale
- 19 First Trip to Texas -
- 20 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 21 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 22 5 days in Colorado
- 23 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 24 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 25 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP