I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 2 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 3 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 4 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 5 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 6 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 7 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 8 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 9 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 10 Kids Vacation Place
- 11 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 12 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 13 Boston waterfront Italian
- 14 Napa valley getaway
- 15 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 16 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 17 Day in Spokane
- 18 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 19 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 20 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 21 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 22 Desert Southwest
- 23 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 24 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 25 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017