I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Monica / Venice Beach flat or house for a week
- 2 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 3 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 4 Trip Report Video Washington D.C. with Kids
- 5 Where to stay in NYC
- 6 Wailea Restaurants?
- 7 Hawaii Trip in May
- 8 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 9 Where to try hot-air ballooning?
- 10 DC -> Boulder
- 11 Colorado - Photography
- 12 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 13 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 14 Please help with 4 day trip to Seattle and Vancouver
- 15 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 16 Haunted Attractions for Halloween
- 17 Agriturisimos in Napa, Sonoma?
- 18 Please help with trip planning for Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver
- 19 New Orleans weekend, plus a shout out to Sandra Bullock
- 20 Family Trip- 4 Nights- DC & Richmond
- 21 Sedona sold out!
- 22 Overnight stay in N Central Idaho
- 23 Burlingame, CA restaurants?
- 24 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 25 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway