I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Some suggestions regarding Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 2 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 3 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 4 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 5 San Francisco - mid October
- 6 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 7 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 8 Vegas hotels for families
- 9 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 10 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 11 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 12 San Diego with Kids
- 13 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 14 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 15 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 16 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 17 Transportation help in Philly
- 18 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 19 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 20 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 21 Temecula< CA
- 22 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 23 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 24 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 25 East Coast trip in 11 full days.