I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Some suggestions regarding Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 2 adams morgan - safety
- 3 Grand Marais?
- 4 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 5 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 6 US Southwest
- 7 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 8 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 9 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 10 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 11 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 12 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 13 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 14 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 15 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 16 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 17 Seattle Visit April
- 18 Grand Teton in October
- 19 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 20 Morning in miami
- 21 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 22 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 23 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 24 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 25 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?