I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 universal studios and disney
- 2 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 3 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 4 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 5 Arches Devils Garden
- 6 Big Sure in June
- 7 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 8 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 9 Savannah hotel
- 10 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 11 Utah National Parks visit
- 12 marriot cypress harbour
- 13 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 14 Hotel in Reno
- 15 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 16 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 17 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 18 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 19 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 20 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 21 Retiring to Tucson
- 22 Trinity Site, NM
- 23 Santa Fe Itineray
- 24 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 25 Northwest National Parks Tour