I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 2 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 3 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 4 New England Tour
- 5 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 6 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 7 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 8 Downtown Denver hotel
- 9 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 10 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 11 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 12 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 13 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 14 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 15 San Diego VRBO area
- 16 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 17 Glacier National Park 2018
- 18 Muir Woods in October
- 19 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 20 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 21 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 22 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 23 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 24 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 25 Colorado Shows Off