I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Some suggestions regarding Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 2 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 3 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 4 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 5 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 6 Zion the narrows
- 7 Advice on Roadtrip
- 8 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 9 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 10 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 11 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 12 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 13 Los Angeles day trips
- 14 Hawaiian Islands
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 16 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 17 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 18 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 19 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 20 Cabin in Asheville area
- 21 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 22 Seattle Transportation??
- 23 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 24 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 25 San Juan Islands... cruise question