I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Some suggestions regarding Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving to New Jersey
- 2 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 3 suggestions for mobile auto repair glass company in utah
- 4 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 5 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 6 East Coast Road Trip
- 7 West Coast Road Trip
- 8 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 9 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 10 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 11 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 12 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 13 Car Needed in Austin?
- 14 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 15 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 16 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 17 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 20 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 21 Maui itinerary
- 22 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 23 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 24 4 week family trip ideas
- 25 Pirateland SC