I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Some suggestions regarding Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Boston and how to get to Stowe
- 2 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 3 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 4 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 5 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 6 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 7 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 8 Sea world San Diego
- 9 Seattle in April
- 10 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 11 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 12 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 13 Maui - Haleakala
- 14 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 15 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 16 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 17 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 18 California San Diego area lodging
- 19 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 20 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 21 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 22 Kauai Garden tours
- 23 Utah 2
- 24 Las Vegas in March
- 25 Chicago to New England Road trip