I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Some suggestions regarding Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Long Island Advice
- 2 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 3 Cost of living in Incline Village NV
- 4 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 5 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 6 Hotels for 21 yr old near Portland? Help!!
- 7 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 8 Maine Road Trip for fall foliage and moose sightings
- 9 Monterey and Napa
- 10 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 11 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 12 Breckenridge in October
- 13 LA to SF via Yosemite- help with itinerary
- 14 Public transportation SLC to Marriott City Creek?
- 15 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 16 East Coast in December
- 17 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 18 New England in the fall
- 19 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 20 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 21 N California trip questions
- 22 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 23 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 24 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 25 Need Bryce Canyon Advice