I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Some suggestions regarding Chicago
- 1 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 2 Biloxi questions again
- 3 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 4 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 5 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 6 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 7 Madison Square Garden
- 8 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 9 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 10 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 11 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 12 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 13 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 14 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 15 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 16 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 17 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 18 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 19 Warm and don't Drive
- 20 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 21 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 22 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 23 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville