I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Some suggestions regarding Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 2 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 5 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 6 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 7 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 8 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 9 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 10 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 11 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 12 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 13 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 14 Family Camp in Maine
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 17 Travel West Coast
- 18 Timeshare Nightmares
- 19 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 20 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 21 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 22 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 23 Brooklyn why?
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?