I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Some suggestions regarding Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 2 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 3 Zion to Albuquerque
- 4 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 5 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 6 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 7 Quick Trip to NYC
- 8 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 9 San Francisco - mid October
- 10 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 11 Vegas hotels for families
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 14 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 15 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 16 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 17 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 18 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 19 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 20 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 21 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 22 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 23 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 24 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown