I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Some suggestions regarding Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving from Salt Lake City UT to Dallas TX
- 2 New York City - apartment locations
- 3 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 4 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 5 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles
- 6 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 7 Girls' Getaway
- 8 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 9 Car Rental in Sedona
- 10 places to stay south coast long island NY
- 11 NYC hotel/July
- 12 3-Days Driving from Denver to Santa Fe: Suggestions?
- 13 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 14 new york subway help please
- 15 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 16 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 17 Local Bus from Lake Powell resort to Page, AZ
- 18 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 19 Overnight at the airport or into Manhattan at midnight?
- 20 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 21 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 22 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 23 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 24 NYC with my 13 year old
- 25 Las Vegas must sees