I am thinking of driving to Chicago either tomorrow or monday (Christmas eve). I mainly want to see the christmas decorations in the downtown and if any other christmas stuff is going on. As parking is really a problem in the downtown, I was thinking maybe I could park my car somewhere else and then maybe take the blueline (or any other line) to downtown. Can you please let me know of some nice and safe area where I can park my car and then catch a train to the downtown? I will be with my family so safety is a big concern for me.
Also if I have to stay overnight is there any cheap hotel you can suggest. Right now I dont want to stay in downtown area as the prices might be too high and I will also have my car so again parking will be a problem.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Booking accommodations through Trip Advisor, Expedia , etc.
- 2 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 3 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 4 Washington DC - Hop on/off buses
- 5 Glacier NP Trip 2016
- 6 Quick Palm Springs Getaway
- 7 Driving trip Texas-N.Carolina-Texas
- 8 NYC Fringe Festival Aug 14-20, 2015
- 9 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 10 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 11 Travel from VT to NYC, with a stop in Boston
- 12 California and Oregon Coast Trip
- 13 Ten Glorious Days in Sonoma/Napa
- 14 CO/UT/AZ National Park/Road Trip
- 15 Seattle in early August
- 16 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 17 Antelope Canyon: Upper & Lower on same day
- 18 Found Fujifilm Camera from 2011 Florida Vaca 740 good pics on SD card
- 19 Airport to St Louis Arch area, taxi best option?
- 20 11 days SE coast road trip
- 21 Road trip Canton, GA to Charleston, SC
- 22 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 23 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 24 Itenarary - 1st Week Sep - Phoenix to Page to Zion to Bryce
- 25 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.