We purchased a very nice lot on Lake Norman last year and built a nice vacation home on it. We rent it out a lot on VRBO. We are on the quieter, West side of the Lake in Sherrills Ford. Some of our renters who stay a week ask about Mountain Towns to visit. Anyone have any recommendations within 2 hours of the Sherrills Ford area? Other than Asheville which I am familiar with.
Some best Mountain areas to visit in NC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 2 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 3 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 4 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 5 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 6 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 7 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 8 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 9 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 10 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 11 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 12 DC - WW2 flyover
- 13 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 14 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 15 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 16 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 17 Alaska Trip Planning
- 18 New York City-New Things?
- 19 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 20 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 21 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec Road Trip
- 22 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 23 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 24 Romantic destination in the US
- 25 final plans utah/arizona trip