I have to plan a business trip to Seattle some time this fall and plan to tack on a day that I'll be solo to see some of a city I've never been. Looking for....when to go (is there something big happening in town that brings out the real spirit)? where to stay (I prefer busy parts of town, I'm a busy NY'er the quiet makes me nervouse lol)? restaurants (I'll have two dinners, and two lunches for a taste of town, but will be alone so keep that in mind with your suggestions), must see spots to feel like I've been in Seattle. I will have a car and generally prefer a driving tour of a city so I can stop where I want, and just pass by simply "scenic" spots. And actually would love a suggestion of a half day drive out of the city to some beautiful NW splendor. I am a NY'er, a foodie (seafood fan, opt for farm to table but I appreciate a good greasy spoon that is a local legend), a hiker/biker (on this trip a driver), off the beat path fan, but love the tourist kitschiness. Basically I want to leave Seasttle knowing that I've been there, and with recommendations for others. Thanks in advance!!
Solo in Seattle
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 2 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 3 united and carry-ons
- 4 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 5 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 6 Cape Cod in early April
- 7 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 8 Backpacking in April
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 replica designer handbags
- 11 Portland Maine Hotels
- 12 San Diego parks and attractions
- 13 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 14 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 15 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 16 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 17 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 20 USA with a 3 year old
- 21 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 24 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 25 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road