I have to plan a business trip to Seattle some time this fall and plan to tack on a day that I'll be solo to see some of a city I've never been. Looking for....when to go (is there something big happening in town that brings out the real spirit)? where to stay (I prefer busy parts of town, I'm a busy NY'er the quiet makes me nervouse lol)? restaurants (I'll have two dinners, and two lunches for a taste of town, but will be alone so keep that in mind with your suggestions), must see spots to feel like I've been in Seattle. I will have a car and generally prefer a driving tour of a city so I can stop where I want, and just pass by simply "scenic" spots. And actually would love a suggestion of a half day drive out of the city to some beautiful NW splendor. I am a NY'er, a foodie (seafood fan, opt for farm to table but I appreciate a good greasy spoon that is a local legend), a hiker/biker (on this trip a driver), off the beat path fan, but love the tourist kitschiness. Basically I want to leave Seasttle knowing that I've been there, and with recommendations for others. Thanks in advance!!
Solo in Seattle
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 2 Need tips for the best of downtown Chicago in 6 days
- 3 Traveling from Seattle to Parksville BC.
- 4 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston
- 5 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 6 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 7 Traveling to Virginia Beach to Orlando
- 8 Things to do in Key West
- 9 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 10 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 11 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 12 Boston & Cape Cod
- 13 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 14 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 15 Romantic destination in the US
- 16 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 17 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 18 Moving out of states from Florida
- 19 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 20 family road trip
- 21 Alaska Trip Planning
- 22 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 23 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 24 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 25 Getting from JFK to Midtown