I have been to the Smoky Mountains several times and my husband and I have just gained an interest in hiking. We have hiked Alum Cave, Charlies Bunion, Rainbow Falls, Andrews Bald and Chimney Tops. We are saving Ramsey Cascade when our daughters can join us later in the summer. We are thinking about going down again in a week or two and would like to do another hike. We are in our early 50s but not terribly out of shape. Any recommendations on day hikes that are a must see not any more than ten miles long round trip. Thank You for any suggestions. We also want to ride bikes around Cades Cove. I notice they close it to car traffic early Wed and Sat mornings. This sounds peaceful and a great way to enjoy the loop. Thanks again for any info and I will be looking forward to your suggestions.
Smoky Mountain Day Hikes
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Destination in USA
- 2 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 5 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 6 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 7 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 8 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 9 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 10 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 11 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 12 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 13 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 14 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 15 New York City and New England
- 16 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 17 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 18 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 19 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 20 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 21 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 22 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 23 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 24 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 25 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?