I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip SW
- 2 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 3 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 4 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 5 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 6 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 7 2 weeks in Alaska
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Charlotte restaurant help
- 10 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 11 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 12 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 13 Yosemite Fire
- 14 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 15 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 16 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 17 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 18 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 19 culpepper
- 20 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 21 Fancy dining
- 22 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 23 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 24 Where to stay on Kauai...does time of year really matter?
- 25 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo