I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 united and carry-ons
- 2 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 3 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 4 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 5 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 6 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 7 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 8 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 9 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 10 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 11 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 12 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 13 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 14 Philadelphia
- 15 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 16 USA with a 3 year old
- 17 First family ski trip
- 18 NYC theatre broadway
- 19 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 20 Universal studios/Orlando
- 21 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 22 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 23 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 24 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 25 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance