I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago to Mount Rushmore...?
- 2 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 3 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 4 DC Metro to other sites?
- 5 Would you go on a trip if you had to use crutches?
- 6 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 7 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 8 Cleveland West Side Market
- 9 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 10 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 11 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 12 Harper's Ferry from DC?
- 13 DC Hotel location help
- 14 Dinosaur National Monument
- 15 Eastern Seaboard
- 16 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 17 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 18 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 19 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 20 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 21 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 22 Miami airport--safety??
- 23 Zurich airport connections
- 24 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 25 Recent Spam Attacks
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?