I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 2 First Trip to Texas -
- 3 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 4 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 5 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 6 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 7 Transportation from Lahaina to Kaanapali Westin
- 8 Downtown Chicago
- 9 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 10 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 11 Charleston Hotel Question
- 12 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 13 Transfers from Newark airport hotels to New York cruise terminal
- 14 New Hampshire
- 15 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 16 Driving to Naples fl
- 17 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 18 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 19 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 20 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 21 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 22 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 23 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 24 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 25 Nashville Questions
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?