I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 2 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 3 http://cluesforhealth.com/garcinia-cambogia-plus/
- 4 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 5 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 6 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 7 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 8 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 9 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 10 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 11 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 12 Great OR beach house locations?
- 13 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 14 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 15 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 16 Ideas for New York
- 17 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 18 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 19 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 20 No Spam this morning!!
- 21 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 22 Honeymoon on PCH
- 23 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 24 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 25 San Francisco transit options
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?