I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 2 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 3 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 4 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 5 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 6 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 7 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 8 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 9 Taking the St. Charles streetcar - looking for a stop along the way . . .
- 10 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 11 One week roundtrip LAX - Advice Please
- 12 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 13 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 14 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 15 Kauai Garden tours
- 16 California San Diego area lodging
- 17 Kaanapali Beach Hotel- Maui
- 18 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 19 Maui - Haleakala
- 20 Utah 2
- 21 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 22 Small group dining in Napa area
- 23 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 24 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 25 Hawaii is still Hell