I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 capes scenic loop and lodging
- 2 Planning a trip to US Dec16/Jan 17.
- 3 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 4 NYC Trip report
- 5 AirBnB..Seattle..would you advise this for your Grandmother?
- 6 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 7 Trip Advice Sought Southwest Trip
- 8 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 9 SAN FRANCISCO Columbus Weekend Week
- 10 Hotel for group trip to Newport, RI
- 11 Travel Blog
- 12 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 13 Ideas for New Orleans trip
- 14 Itinerary Critique
- 15 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 16 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 17 A week in NYC - first timers
- 18 Chicago to Appleton, WI how to....
- 19 Canon beach lodging
- 20 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 21 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 22 FLA testing the waters
- 23 Covered parking outside Boston and near public transportation
- 24 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 25 Stops in Vermont/Southern NH
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?