I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?
- 1 American Airlines reservation question
- 2 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 3 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 4 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 5 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 6 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 7 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 8 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 9 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 10 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 11 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 12 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 13 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 14 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 15 Middlebury vt quickie
- 16 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 17 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 18 NYC
- 19 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 20 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 21 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 22 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 23 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 24 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 25 Cheap Hotel in NY