I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need advise for a Mother/Daughter trip to Arizona
- 2 Colorado trip
- 3 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 4 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 5 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 6 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 7 Alaska- Best tours
- 8 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 9 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 10 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 11 First visit in New Mexico
- 12 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 13 San Diego Public Transportation
- 14 10 day Northern California Itinerary
- 15 The Quarter, Frog City, and elsewhere
- 16 Yellowstone Dining
- 17 Coronado Ferry
- 18 Cape cod and Acadia
- 19 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 20 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 21 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 22 Things to do around New York
- 23 Savannah GA
- 24 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 25 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?