I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 2 Hotels Philly
- 3 Cross Country RV Trip
- 4 Texas
- 5 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 6 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 7 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 8 Enjoy Orlando Vacation Homes without Breaking your Budget
- 9 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 10 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 11 Ackislander
- 12 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 13 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 14 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 15 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 16 Northern California in February
- 17 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015
- 18 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 19 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 20 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 21 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 22 New England September
- 23 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 24 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 25 California