I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 more info: https://cleanserenewdenmark.com/ultavive-garcinia/
- 2 Planning our Move
- 3 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 4 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 5 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 6 Wilmington DE questions
- 7 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 8 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 9 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 10 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 11 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 12 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 13 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 14 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 15 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 16 Hotel advise Chicago
- 17 Maui and Kauai
- 18 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 19 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 20 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 21 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 22 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 23 Trip to Cali
- 24 NYC Hotel Decision
- 25 NFL tickets
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?