I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another long layover in Honolulu--where to store carry-on bag?
- 2 CARING ENGLISH BULLDOG PUPPIES AVAILABLE email (email@example.com)
- 3 English bulldog Puppies Ready For Good Homes email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 6 California road trip
- 7 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 8 Seattle Hyatts
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 11 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 12 San Diego - wher to stay
- 13 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 14 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 15 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 16 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 17 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 18 Berkshires in late October
- 19 2 day in Adirondack park
- 20 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 21 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 22 NYC Clubs for live music
- 23 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 24 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 25 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend