I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bubble football suits
- 2 Bubble soccer suits
- 3 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 4 BTW is there an ocean non-profit community you'd know?
- 5 some advice if you are going for vacation!
- 6 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 7 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 8 New Mexico in May
- 9 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 10 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 11 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 12 New Years Eve in NYC
- 13 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 14 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 15 Yellowstone
- 16 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 17 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 18 Redwoods National Park
- 19 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 20 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 21 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 22 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 23 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 24 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 25 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?