I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 2 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 3 General Utah planning questions
- 4 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 5 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 6 4 week family trip ideas
- 7 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 8 Boston area -- nature
- 9 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 12 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 13 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 14 California & French Polynesia
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 17 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 18 SFO black friday traffic
- 19 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 20 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 21 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 22 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 23 Dining in Manhattan
- 24 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 25 American Honeymoon in March