I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 2 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 3 Seattle to San Francisco
- 4 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 5 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 6 San Francisco and Napa
- 7 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 8 Relocating to the Deep South
- 9 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 10 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 11 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 12 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 13 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 14 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 15 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 16 Budget NYC hotel
- 17 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 18 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 19 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 20 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 21 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 22 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 23 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 24 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 25 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?