I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 2 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 3 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 4 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 5 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 6 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 7 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 8 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 9 Where to from Tampa?
- 10 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 11 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 12 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 13 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 14 Is the New York subway safe?
- 15 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 16 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 17 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 18 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 19 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 20 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 21 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 22 Skiing New Mexico
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 24 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 25 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014