I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Phone SIM
- 2 Looking for info on visiting the John Day Fossil Beds NM in Oregon
- 3 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 4 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 5 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 6 New England Canada Road Trip
- 7 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 8 Trip Starting from New York
- 9 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 10 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 11 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 12 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 13 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 14 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 15 A day in Boston
- 16 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 17 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 Newport , RI
- 20 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 21 Nilichik Ak.
- 22 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 23 Las vegas +21
- 24 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 25 California Summer weather/ clothing
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?