I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ensure that the dish is made of glass
- 2 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 3 Roadtrip July 2017
- 4 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 5 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 6 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 7 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 8 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 9 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 10 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 11 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 12 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 13 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 14 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 15 RIP Rob Stewart/Sharkwater
- 16 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 17 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 18 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 19 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 20 Restaurant suggestion in Venice, Fl
- 21 Retiring to Tucson
- 22 10 days vacation in California
- 23 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 24 Naples Hotel and Everglades
- 25 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?