I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 2 Chicago Questions
- 3 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 4 USA trip
- 5 Air Connections on Maui
- 6 camaro hire in waikiki
- 7 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 8 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 9 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 10 Timeshare Nightmares
- 11 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 12 How to dress in Vegas
- 13 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 14 Breckenridge in October
- 15 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 16 Orlando for Work
- 17 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 18 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 19 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 20 NBA tickets??
- 21 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 22 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 23 charlotte
- 24 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 25 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please