I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help on choosing outdoorsy town to move to after college
- 2 Southern states in March/April 2016
- 3 Utah 2
- 4 New York City - apartment locations
- 5 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 6 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 7 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?
- 8 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 9 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 10 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 11 Tudor city -special help/info
- 12 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 13 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 14 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 15 Short New York City Weekend Trip report March 2015
- 16 Good restaurants near Griffith Observatory?
- 17 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 18 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 19 must see and do's in Maui?
- 20 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 21 Canyon Rides horseback tour of Bryce Canyon
- 22 Boston to see Sargent works
- 23 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 24 Moving from Salt Lake City UT to Dallas TX
- 25 Murray Hill NYC restaurants