I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 2 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 3 http://beautyskintry.com/addium/
- 4 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 5 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 6 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 7 Driving from Missoula to Many Glacier Hotel
- 8 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 9 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 10 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 11 Napa Valley Weekend
- 12 2 weeks to see Grand Canyons, ending in Las Vegas, where to start?
- 13 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 14 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 15 We're missing one night's hotel accommodation in Glacier NP
- 16 NYC- LaGuardia to Rye
- 17 Carlsbad Caverns
- 18 Where to Stay in San Francisco for one night
- 19 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 20 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 21 Fun activities in Lubbock with 7 year old?
- 22 Returned from Sedona
- 23 50th Anniversary Trip
- 24 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 25 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?