I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 2 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 3 Carmel Monterey
- 4 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 5 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 6 Big Sure in June
- 7 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 8 Santa Fe Itineray
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 10 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 11 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 12 Arches Devils Garden
- 13 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 14 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 15 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 16 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 17 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 18 best health clubs with lap pools
- 19 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 20 Retiring to Tucson
- 21 universal studios and disney
- 22 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 23 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 24 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 25 Savannah hotel
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?