I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ferry options Seattle to Victoria
- 2 Quick Palm Springs Getaway
- 3 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 4 California and Oregon Coast Trip
- 5 Glacier NP Trip 2016
- 6 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 7 Washington DC - Hop on/off buses
- 8 Minnesota to Colorado
- 9 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 10 Pittsburgh Trip
- 11 Booking accommodations through Trip Advisor, Expedia , etc.
- 12 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 13 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 14 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 15 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 16 Itenarary - 1st Week Sep - Phoenix to Page to Zion to Bryce
- 17 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 18 North Carolina Triangle
- 19 What to do in Raleigh, NC?
- 20 http://www.topadvancingincome.com/marvel-champions-cheats/
- 21 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 22 first trip to HI
- 23 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 24 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 25 CO/UT/AZ National Park/Road Trip
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?