I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 2 San Francisco - mid October
- 3 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 4 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 5 Vegas hotels for families
- 6 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 7 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 8 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 9 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 10 San Diego with Kids
- 11 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 12 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 13 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 14 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 15 Transportation help in Philly
- 16 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 17 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 18 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 19 Temecula< CA
- 20 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 21 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 22 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 23 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 24 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 25 East Coast trip in 11 full days.