I'm almost done planning a 2 week road trip from Asheville to New Orleans, via Charleston...from London UK!
The only thing I'm missing on the itinerary is:
1. Any cute, sleepy, typical Southern small towns that we can visit for a lunch stop or short detour, between Bryson City and Charleston?
We've heard that the Interstate drive is pretty boring, and want to use this day to see typical Southern life. Or if you can recommend a route then please do.
2. As per the above, this time between Savannah and Panama City, FL?
I.e something to break up the long drives. Interested in possibly going peach picking, a hot springs, wandering pretty town squares, or any quirky 'roadside America' ideas.
Small towns to see between Bryson City NC and Charleston SC?
- 1 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 2 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 3 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 4 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 5 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 6 Seatlle, WA
- 7 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 8 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 9 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 10 What area to stay in for Memphis
- 11 What are the best activities in Key West?
- 12 Memphis Tours
- 13 Newport, RI Questions
- 14 Meredith New Hampshire
- 15 California, Northern
- 16 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 17 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 18 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 19 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 20 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 21 Around North America (cruise)
- 22 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 23 Boston and surrounding area
- 24 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 25 State cracking down on vacation rentals?