Greetings. My best friend and I have begun a tradition of taking a weekend trip each summer. Last year our most beloved stop was New Harmony, IN, as we met and stayed with a really kind, artsy couple. We'll begin and end in South Bend, IN. Anyone know of any charming small towns rich in art, history, farms, culture, camping, good food, good music, good wine, lovely outdoor excursions and salt-of-the-earth people??? Anywhere within the broad Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan area? P.S. we're poor. Thank you!!!
Small towns for a weekend trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Visiting Denver
- 6 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 7 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 8 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 11 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 12 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 San Diego parks and attractions
- 15 Door County Suggestions
- 16 First family ski trip
- 17 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 18 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 19 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 20 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 21 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 22 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 23 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 24 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 25 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!