We are planning to stay a Grant Villa for 2 nights and Old Faithful for 2 nights with 5 kids (youngest = 4). My friend is talking about going back to the lodge in the middle of the day for the small kids to rest since they would be exhausted. I think driving back and forth will loose us 2-3 hours depending on where we are plus nap time. Can we bring picnic blankets and let the kids taking naps at some rest areas in the park? Is this doable? What do you suggest in this situation?
Small kids need rest at Yellowstone NP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 2 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 3 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 4 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 5 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 6 New York City Restaurants
- 7 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 8 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 9 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 10 Maui vacation
- 11 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 14 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 15 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 16 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 17 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 18 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 19 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 20 WISCONSIN
- 21 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 24 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 25 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!