We are planning to stay a Grant Villa for 2 nights and Old Faithful for 2 nights with 5 kids (youngest = 4). My friend is talking about going back to the lodge in the middle of the day for the small kids to rest since they would be exhausted. I think driving back and forth will loose us 2-3 hours depending on where we are plus nap time. Can we bring picnic blankets and let the kids taking naps at some rest areas in the park? Is this doable? What do you suggest in this situation?
Small kids need rest at Yellowstone NP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 2 NYC Theatre Seating Opinions: Waiting for Godot
- 3 NYC play advice needed
- 4 Driving along Pacific Coast at Night
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Big Sur?
- 7 Yellowstone trip planning help
- 8 San Francisco this sunday - photo ops, places to go by car?
- 9 Teton & Yellowstone: Scratching the Surface
- 10 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 11 Waianae in 2014?
- 12 Upstate New York/Upper Hudson River Valley Weekend
- 13 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 14 Vegas-Show Recommendations
- 15 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 16 NOLA trip report Feb 1-8
- 17 Vacation for teens?
- 18 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 19 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 20 After New Orleans, now where? ideas for 4 days to spare after N.O.?
- 21 Road Trip: U pick 'em - FLA to Yellowstone or FLA to Maine?
- 22 Hudson Valley vs Berkshires - weekend away
- 23 Scenic Drive PhantomCanyon Road - Florissant to Canon City, CO
- 24 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 25 San Andreas fault near San Francisco?