The itinerary is:
Day 1: Leave SLC in the morning, stopping at Antelope Island State Park. Should we then get on 15 and travel to Lava Hot Springs and spend the night, or go through Logan onto 89 and visit Bear Lake and spend the night there?
Day 2: Drive up eastern Idaho on 30/34/32 to West Yellowstone and spend the night.
Days 3 on: YS, Red Lodge, Cody, GT, SLC - finalized.
From what I have been reading, other than soaking in the pool in Lava Hot Springs, there really isn't too much else to do. Bear Lake area offers the lake, wildlife refuge and cave. Recommendations for lodging @Bear Lake are also requested. Travel will be in early September.
SLC to West Yellowstone - Recommendations Requested
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 3 New Orleans help please
- 4 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 5 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 6 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 7 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 8 los angeles restaurants
- 9 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 10 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 11 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 12 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 13 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 14 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 15 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 16 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 17 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 18 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 19 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 20 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 21 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 22 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 23 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 24 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 25 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts