The itinerary is:
Day 1: Leave SLC in the morning, stopping at Antelope Island State Park. Should we then get on 15 and travel to Lava Hot Springs and spend the night, or go through Logan onto 89 and visit Bear Lake and spend the night there?
Day 2: Drive up eastern Idaho on 30/34/32 to West Yellowstone and spend the night.
Days 3 on: YS, Red Lodge, Cody, GT, SLC - finalized.
From what I have been reading, other than soaking in the pool in Lava Hot Springs, there really isn't too much else to do. Bear Lake area offers the lake, wildlife refuge and cave. Recommendations for lodging @Bear Lake are also requested. Travel will be in early September.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 2 Traveling with an infant
- 3 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 4 driving RT 66
- 5 Birthday vacation ideas
- 6 From Newark to Manhattan
- 7 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 8 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 9 Relocating to Washington DC
- 10 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 11 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 12 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 13 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 14 Acadia National Park
- 15 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 16 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 17 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 18 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 19 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?
- 20 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 21 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 22 Monument Valley
- 23 A few reviews from our Santa Monica/Disneyland trip
- 24 once in a lifetime
- 25 North California/South Oregon