The itinerary is:
Day 1: Leave SLC in the morning, stopping at Antelope Island State Park. Should we then get on 15 and travel to Lava Hot Springs and spend the night, or go through Logan onto 89 and visit Bear Lake and spend the night there?
Day 2: Drive up eastern Idaho on 30/34/32 to West Yellowstone and spend the night.
Days 3 on: YS, Red Lodge, Cody, GT, SLC - finalized.
From what I have been reading, other than soaking in the pool in Lava Hot Springs, there really isn't too much else to do. Bear Lake area offers the lake, wildlife refuge and cave. Recommendations for lodging @Bear Lake are also requested. Travel will be in early September.
SLC to West Yellowstone - Recommendations Requested
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 San Diego parks and attractions
- 4 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 5 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 6 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 7 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 8 Alaska
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 11 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 12 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 13 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 14 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 15 NYC theatre broadway
- 16 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 17 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 18 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 19 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 20 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 21 San Diego grocery stores
- 22 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 23 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles