We will be visiting family in Broomfield and driving to Breck for 2 days of skiing a few days after Christmas. We had planned to drive from Broomfield to Breck early in the morning so teen boys can start an all day lesson at 10 am. Then we will stay in Breck for one night and ski again the next day. Are we crazy for trying to drive that distance at that time of year and expect to arrive by 9am? How much time should we allow? Are there any inexpensive motels between Broomfield and Breck where we could stay the night before to cut out some of the distance? Since we have only 2 days to ski we want to make the best of our time w/o going broke! I know this is weather dependent but would like some input. We are from Midwest and have never been skiing in CO before. Thanks!
Skiing at Breck. Driving from Broomfield
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 2 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 3 Recommendations for Moderately Priced Dining in Moab?
- 4 Bring Distant Images to Life with Branded Binoculars and Scopes
- 5 River Cafe
- 6 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 7 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 8 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 9 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 10 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 11 What are favorite small and large NYC restaurants?
- 12 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 13 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 14 We are going to Hawaii in October, have some questions:
- 15 Hawaii
- 16 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 17 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 18 Predictions for peak leaf color in September?
- 19 Best place to spend NYE in LA with a young family
- 20 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 21 New Fire: Yosemite/Oakhurst
- 22 Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 23 How to Kill Time Overnite in NYC?
- 24 Long Island Advice
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?