We will be visiting family in Broomfield and driving to Breck for 2 days of skiing a few days after Christmas. We had planned to drive from Broomfield to Breck early in the morning so teen boys can start an all day lesson at 10 am. Then we will stay in Breck for one night and ski again the next day. Are we crazy for trying to drive that distance at that time of year and expect to arrive by 9am? How much time should we allow? Are there any inexpensive motels between Broomfield and Breck where we could stay the night before to cut out some of the distance? Since we have only 2 days to ski we want to make the best of our time w/o going broke! I know this is weather dependent but would like some input. We are from Midwest and have never been skiing in CO before. Thanks!
Skiing at Breck. Driving from Broomfield
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 2 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 3 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 4 Charleston, SC help
- 5 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 6 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 7 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 8 middlebury vt snow
- 9 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 10 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 11 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 12 Miami Marlins
- 13 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 14 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 15 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 16 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 17 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 18 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 19 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 20 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 21 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 22 Deep South sept 2015
- 23 Self guided White House tour
- 24 Northwest USA
- 25 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!