We will be visiting family in Broomfield and driving to Breck for 2 days of skiing a few days after Christmas. We had planned to drive from Broomfield to Breck early in the morning so teen boys can start an all day lesson at 10 am. Then we will stay in Breck for one night and ski again the next day. Are we crazy for trying to drive that distance at that time of year and expect to arrive by 9am? How much time should we allow? Are there any inexpensive motels between Broomfield and Breck where we could stay the night before to cut out some of the distance? Since we have only 2 days to ski we want to make the best of our time w/o going broke! I know this is weather dependent but would like some input. We are from Midwest and have never been skiing in CO before. Thanks!
Skiing at Breck. Driving from Broomfield
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 2 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 3 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 4 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 5 relocating travel
- 6 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 7 Mesa Verde
- 8 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 9 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 10 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 11 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 12 Seattle Hyatts
- 13 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 14 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 15 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 16 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 17 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 18 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 19 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 20 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 21 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 22 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 23 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel