We will be visiting family in Broomfield and driving to Breck for 2 days of skiing a few days after Christmas. We had planned to drive from Broomfield to Breck early in the morning so teen boys can start an all day lesson at 10 am. Then we will stay in Breck for one night and ski again the next day. Are we crazy for trying to drive that distance at that time of year and expect to arrive by 9am? How much time should we allow? Are there any inexpensive motels between Broomfield and Breck where we could stay the night before to cut out some of the distance? Since we have only 2 days to ski we want to make the best of our time w/o going broke! I know this is weather dependent but would like some input. We are from Midwest and have never been skiing in CO before. Thanks!
Skiing at Breck. Driving from Broomfield
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Monterey and Napa
- 2 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 3 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 4 East Coast in December
- 5 LA to SF via Yosemite- help with itinerary
- 6 Maine Road Trip for fall foliage and moose sightings
- 7 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 8 New England in the fall
- 9 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 10 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 11 N California trip questions
- 12 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 13 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 14 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 15 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 16 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 17 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 18 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 19 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 20 Looking for Next Destination
- 21 Worst Restaurants in America
- 22 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 23 Fall color yet?
- 24 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 25 Yosemite Lodging