We will be visiting family in Broomfield and driving to Breck for 2 days of skiing a few days after Christmas. We had planned to drive from Broomfield to Breck early in the morning so teen boys can start an all day lesson at 10 am. Then we will stay in Breck for one night and ski again the next day. Are we crazy for trying to drive that distance at that time of year and expect to arrive by 9am? How much time should we allow? Are there any inexpensive motels between Broomfield and Breck where we could stay the night before to cut out some of the distance? Since we have only 2 days to ski we want to make the best of our time w/o going broke! I know this is weather dependent but would like some input. We are from Midwest and have never been skiing in CO before. Thanks!
Skiing at Breck. Driving from Broomfield
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Coronado Ferry
- 2 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 3 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 4 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 5 Maine in latter half of September
- 6 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 7 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 8 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 9 Colorado trip
- 10 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 11 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 12 DC - WW2 flyover
- 13 Colorado trip in early May
- 14 Cape cod and Acadia
- 15 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 16 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 17 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 18 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 19 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 20 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 21 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 22 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 23 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 24 First visit in New Mexico
- 25 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel