Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Simple, No Frills Affordable Waikiki Accommodations
Waikiki Grand Hotel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego grocery stores
- 2 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 3 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 4 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 5 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 6 West Coast Bound End of March
- 7 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 8 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 9 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 10 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 11 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 12 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 13 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 14 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 15 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 16 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 17 Best places to move to Florida?
- 18 Juneau May 8th
- 19 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 20 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 23 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 24 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 25 Help with Northeast vacation strategy