Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Simple, No Frills Affordable Waikiki Accommodations
Waikiki Grand Hotel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 2 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 3 New England in the fall
- 4 Monterey and Napa
- 5 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 6 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 7 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 8 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 9 Looking for Next Destination
- 10 Worst Restaurants in America
- 11 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 12 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 13 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 14 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 15 Fall color yet?
- 16 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 17 Yosemite Lodging
- 18 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 19 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 20 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 21 Lucerne Switzerland for two days in september 2015
- 22 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 23 N California trip questions
- 24 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 25 Colorado aspen updates