Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Simple, No Frills Affordable Waikiki Accommodations
Waikiki Grand Hotel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 new york subway help please
- 2 Car Rental in Sedona
- 3 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 4 This is a skin care product
- 5 NYC hotel/July
- 6 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 7 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 8 Local Bus from Lake Powell resort to Page, AZ
- 9 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 10 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 11 Overnight at the airport or into Manhattan at midnight?
- 12 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 13 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 14 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 15 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 16 NYC with my 13 year old
- 17 Las Vegas must sees
- 18 Girls' Getaway
- 19 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 20 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 21 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 22 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 23 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 24 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 25 Florida SunPass mini-transponder