Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 2 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 3 south west family trip itinerary
- 4 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 5 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 6 Relocating to the Deep South
- 7 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 8 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 9 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 10 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 11 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 12 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 13 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 14 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 15 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 16 wasting time around JFK
- 17 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 18 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 19 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 20 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 21 SF Restaurant
- 22 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 23 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>
- 24 Chicago-Family Reunion Ideas
- 25 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
Waikiki Grand Hotel