Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://gomusclebuilding.com/activatrol/
- 2 New England Tour
- 3 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 4 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 5 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 6 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 7 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 8 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 9 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 10 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 11 Driving CA 395
- 12 Maui and Kauai
- 13 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 14 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 15 Glacier National Park 2018
- 16 Hawaii wedding
- 17 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 18 Adirondacks trip repot
- 19 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 20 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 21 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 22 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 23 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 24 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 25 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
Waikiki Grand Hotel