Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 2 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 3 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 4 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 5 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 6 Flower Piano
- 7 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 8 Maine weather and temps
- 9 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 10 Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 11 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 12 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 13 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 14 Yosemite conditions next 5 days - too smoky?
- 15 Newport RI Jazz Festival
- 16 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 17 Need some itinerary help with Las Vegas to Phoenix road trip
- 18 Key West July 2017 - Here We Go Again!
- 19 Suggestions on Timing for Denali Shuttle Tour?
- 20 Alcatrez sold out
- 21 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 22 WA to CT
- 23 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 24 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 25 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
Waikiki Grand Hotel