Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 2 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 3 11 days SE coast road trip
- 4 Seattle in early August
- 5 Mackinac or Holland?
- 6 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 7 Memphis to Dallas
- 8 first trip to HI
- 9 CO/UT/AZ National Park/Road Trip
- 10 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 11 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 12 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 13 Pittsburgh Trip
- 14 Found Fujifilm Camera from 2011 Florida Vaca 740 good pics on SD card
- 15 Maine in late October
- 16 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country
- 17 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 18 1.5 days in Chicago
- 19 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 20 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 21 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 22 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 23 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 24 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 25 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
Waikiki Grand Hotel