Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Simple, No Frills Affordable Waikiki Accommodations
Waikiki Grand Hotel
- 1 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 2 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 3 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 4 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 5 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 6 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 7 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 8 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 9 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 10 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 11 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 12 Warm and don't Drive
- 13 Savanah Sojourn
- 14 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 15 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 16 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 17 Madison Square Garden
- 18 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 19 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 20 St. Augustine, Florida
- 21 hotel near Met NYC
- 22 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 23 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 24 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 25 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?