Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 2 California Coast Road-Trip Must-Sees
- 3 http://purabellarev.com/intellex-plus/
- 4 http://purabellarev.com/intellex-plus/
- 5 It counters the aging effects which are....
- 6 http://yoursantiagingserum.com/vitalure/
- 7 http://supplementplatform.com/soleil-glo/
- 8 Summer trip
- 9 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 10 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 11 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 12 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 13 Alaska Itinerary - Suggestions & Comments Please
- 14 How many states have you been to?
- 15 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 16 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 17 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 18 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 19 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 20 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 21 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 22 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 23 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 24 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 25 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
Waikiki Grand Hotel