Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 2 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 3 Portland and Seattle for 9 days need help with driving itinerary
- 4 Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Yellowstone, Tetons
- 5 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 6 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 7 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 8 Study in America
- 9 9 days from Acadia to Providence RI
- 10 Clean One bedroom for $50-$70 a week
- 11 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 12 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 13 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 14 Seattle, WA to Redondo Beach, CA December
- 15 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 16 Florida Family vacation in California
- 17 walking it off in North Beach and Chinatown
- 18 Planning first trip to New Orleans - advice?
- 19 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF
- 20 Philadelphia to Boston
- 21 Lake Winnipesauke, NH
- 22 Six Flags and Lake George, NY
- 23 Mokulele Airlines Hawaii
- 24 Where to stay in Hill Country in Texas
- 25 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
Waikiki Grand Hotel