Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Simple, No Frills Affordable Waikiki Accommodations
Waikiki Grand Hotel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 2 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 3 Texas for art and history lovers
- 4 Venice tourist travel pass
- 5 Vegas in mid may
- 6 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 7 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 8 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 9 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 10 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 11 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 12 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 13 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 14 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 15 Which FL town is best?
- 16 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 17 Disney World resort vacation at the Carribean Beach
- 18 Texas
- 19 planning a trip to US
- 20 10 day trip
- 21 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 22 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 23 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 24 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 25 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please