Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Simple, No Frills Affordable Waikiki Accommodations
Waikiki Grand Hotel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is the New York subway safe?
- 2 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 3 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 4 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 5 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 6 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 7 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 8 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 9 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 10 Where to from Tampa?
- 11 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 12 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 13 Skiing New Mexico
- 14 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 15 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 16 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 17 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 18 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 19 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 20 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 21 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 22 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 23 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 25 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida