Waikiki Grand Hotel
Located on the east end of Waikiki across from the Honolulu Zoo and less than a five minute walk from Queen Beach, the Waikiki Grand is a no frill, great bargain hotel in Waikiki. If you are looking for all the normal amenities and frills of a typical resort hotel then this may not be the place for you.
However, if you want affordable simple accommodation in Waikiki then the Waikiki Grand may suit your needs.
I stayed three nights on the 9th floor in a basic room with outdated furniture, a bathroom that could be updated with new plumbing and carpeting that could use a good cleaning or be replaced. Nonetheless, I was not disappointed with my stay.
The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator, a balcony, air conditioning and free wi-fi. Waikiki Grand is basically a timeshare condo, so I understand all the rooms maybe different.
During my stay the hotel was relatively quiet although there is a bar and nightclub on the second floor. There is also a popular burger restaurant on the lobby level.
In reading previous reviews, mention was made of this being a popular gay/lesbian hangout. The only way I knew that maybe the case is due to a Rainbow Flag flying from the second floor which could just as easily have been there because Hawaii is often known as the “Rainbow State”.
In my opinion any issue with it being a gay/lesbian hangout is a non issue and should not affect anyone's decision to stay here.
The Waikiki Grand does not offer daily maid service but the front desk is more than accommodating for any special needs. Although if you ask for an ironing board you will just get that without the iron, so be sure to ask for the iron too. There is also laundry facilities available on the property.
For about US$100 per night booked through Priceline, I thought I got a great deal and will definitely be staying at Waikiki Grand again and again.
Mahalo, Waikiki Grand!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 2 Parking fine
- 3 4 days in San Diego in october
- 4 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 5 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 6 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 7 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 8 Traveling to NYC - staying over Thanksgiving
- 9 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 10 Vegas/California May 2016
- 11 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 12 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 13 Eugene, OR/Redwoods/San Francisco
- 14 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 15 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 16 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 17 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 18 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 19 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 20 Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort
- 21 My Maine Trip Report
- 22 Berkshires with a toddler
- 23 hilicopter tour oahu
- 24 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 25 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
Waikiki Grand Hotel