My husband, daughter and I will be visiting the LA area for a week and were all set to rent a car, but after speaking with a friend who goes every year, i'm having second thoughts. She said that every year her family rented a car and would argue each time as they got lost/got stuck in traffic and finally just went with cabs every where and now have a much saner experience. When i think about the cost of the rental car, gas, nightly valet at about $38 per night, it's starting to make sense to me not to get a car. Never been to LA- any thoughts?
Silly not to rent a car in LA?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 2 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 3 New York Trip
- 4 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 5 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 6 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 7 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 8 Balloon fest hotels
- 9 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 10 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 11 Houston in September
- 12 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 13 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 14 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 15 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 16 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 17 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 18 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 19 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 20 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 21 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 22 Transportation help in Philly
- 23 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 24 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 25 Hotels in North Philadelphia