We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 2 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 3 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 4 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 5 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 6 http://www.bulkcrazymass.com/beverly-hills-md-dark-spot-corrector
- 7 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 8 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 9 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 10 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 11 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 12 Newark to Paris
- 13 Phone SIM
- 14 A June trip to Kauai
- 15 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 16 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 17 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 18 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 19 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 20 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 21 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 22 Napa Valley Hotel
- 23 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 24 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 25 Southern Michigan vacation destination?