We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Should we go to Alaska this summer or someplace else ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 2 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 3 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 4 Kayaking in Kauai
- 5 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 6 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 7 San Francisco - mid October
- 8 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 9 Burlington VT day trip
- 10 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 11 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 12 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 13 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 14 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 15 Road trip itinerary
- 16 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 17 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 18 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT
- 19 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 20 Visiting Hemingway Country, Petoskey Area
- 21 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 22 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 23 Apartment Rentals DC
- 24 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 25 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions