We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Should we go to Alaska this summer or someplace else ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 3 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 4 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 5 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 6 united and carry-ons
- 7 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 8 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 11 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 12 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 13 Philadelphia
- 14 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 15 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 16 USA with a 3 year old
- 17 First family ski trip
- 18 NYC theatre broadway
- 19 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 20 Universal studios/Orlando
- 21 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 22 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 23 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 24 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 25 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance