We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Should we go to Alaska this summer or someplace else ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 2 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 3 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 4 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 5 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 8 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 9 WISCONSIN
- 10 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 11 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 12 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 15 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 17 Brooklyn why?
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 21 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 22 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 23 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 24 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 25 Dining in D.C.