We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 2 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 3 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 4 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 5 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 6 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 7 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 8 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 9 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 10 road trip
- 11 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 12 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 13 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 14 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 15 Florida in October
- 16 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 17 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 18 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 19 FLL to Key West
- 20 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 21 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 22 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 23 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 24 New England Road Trip
- 25 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip