We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 2 5 days in Colorado
- 3 Sedona for a Month
- 4 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 5 Alaska -public transport
- 6 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 7 Safety Concerns
- 8 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 9 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 10 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 11 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 12 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 13 Southwest road trip
- 14 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 15 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 16 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 17 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 18 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 19 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 20 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 21 Alaska independent tour for group
- 22 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 23 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 24 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 25 Hawaii Volcanoes