We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Should we go to Alaska this summer or someplace else ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 2 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 3 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 6 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 7 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 8 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 9 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 10 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 11 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 12 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 13 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 14 New Orleans help please
- 15 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 16 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 17 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 18 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 19 los angeles restaurants
- 20 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 21 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 22 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 23 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 24 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 25 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids