We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://bellasvish.com/zygenx/
- 2 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 3 How To Win Lottery System: 5 Secrets
- 4 Christmas in Colorado
- 5 Hawaii and...where?
- 6 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 7 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 8 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 9 Marfa/Big Bend
- 10 usa roadtrip
- 11 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 12 DC Restaurants
- 13 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 14 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 15 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 16 JFK to Washington
- 17 Phoenix for the weekend
- 18 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 19 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 20 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 21 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 22 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 23 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 24 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 25 Los Angeles for Christmas