We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Should we go to Alaska this summer or someplace else ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland, OR hotel question
- 2 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 3 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 4 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 5 Northern California in February
- 6 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 7 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 8 Mother Daughter Trip
- 9 Yosemite in Winter
- 10 Florida or caribbean
- 11 Deep South sept 2015
- 12 Orlando in March
- 13 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 14 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 15 Miami Marlins
- 16 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 17 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 18 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 19 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 20 Active Vacation
- 21 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 22 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 23 Quick SoCal question
- 24 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 25 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)