We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 2 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 3 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 4 Seaside, California
- 5 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 6 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 7 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 8 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 9 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 10 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 11 Bed and Breakfast
- 12 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 13 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 14 What car service?
- 15 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 16 Denali
- 17 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 18 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 19 Maine in May?
- 20 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 21 New Years Eve in NYC
- 22 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 23 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 24 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 25 Cruise Ship Schedule by City