We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 2 Airbnb seattle
- 3 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota Trip Report
- 4 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 5 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 6 Disneyland, Yosemite and San Fransisco
- 7 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 8 Texas info
- 9 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 10 Leisurely Car Trip from Atlanta to Sacramento?
- 11 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 12 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 13 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 14 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 15 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 16 inspire me after landing in Miami
- 17 Dallas airport to bush library
- 18 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 19 los angeles to redwood national park overnight stop
- 20 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 21 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 22 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 23 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 24 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 25 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area