We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Should we go to Alaska this summer or someplace else ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 2 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 3 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 4 USA with a 3 year old
- 5 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 6 San Diego parks and attractions
- 7 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 8 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 9 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 10 Universal studios/Orlando
- 11 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 12 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 16 Alaska
- 17 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 18 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 21 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 22 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 23 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 24 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 25 Quiet hotel room in University district?