We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 2 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 3 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 4 Sonoma
- 5 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 6 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 7 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 8 Alaska cruise
- 9 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 10 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 11 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 12 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 13 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 14 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 15 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 16 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 17 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 18 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 19 AR State Parks
- 20 California Trip
- 21 101 closure
- 22 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 23 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 24 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 25 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast