We are a family of 4, 2 adults in early 40s and 2 kids ages 12 and 8.5. We are fairly well travelled , take 2 big trips every year. My kids are also well travelled.
We are in the process of deciding on our summer vacation this year. Alaska is one of the places on the list.
But lot of questions though: we want to combine rocky mountaineer train journey with Alaska. At the same time , we are not cruisers. Should we consider big ships, or small ships (like un-cruise) or completely on land ?
I am looking for a memorable trip with great experiences for all of us. We are not traveling on a budget, flexible on how much we can spend.
Any input and suggestions are highly appreciated
Should we go to Alaska this summer or someplace else ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Myrtle Beach
- 2 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 5 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 6 Colorado in the summer!
- 7 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 11 Washington DC Metro
- 12 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 13 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 16 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 17 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 18 Travel West Coast
- 19 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 20 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 21 Wine Country Picnic
- 22 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 23 Road trip through the south
- 24 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 25 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?