I looking at catching the train (Amtrak Viewliner Roomette) from New York to New Orleans in mid to late October. But only if there's lots to see on the way. It's a 30-hour trip and this particular fare includes reclining seats that convert into a bed. Can any one recommend it, or should I just fly and spend more time in New Orleans. I don't have a lot of time and thought it would be a good way to see as much of the countryside as possible. Any advice? Thanks very much
Should I catch the train from NYC to New Orleans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 2 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 3 New York City in April
- 4 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 5 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 6 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 7 san fran sightseeing
- 8 Boston in winter?
- 9 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 10 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 11 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 12 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 13 Baytown, Texas
- 14 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 15 Moving from VA to CT
- 16 New Orleans pictures
- 17 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 18 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)
- 19 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 22 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 23 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 24 Dining in Manhattan
- 25 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?