I looking at catching the train (Amtrak Viewliner Roomette) from New York to New Orleans in mid to late October. But only if there's lots to see on the way. It's a 30-hour trip and this particular fare includes reclining seats that convert into a bed. Can any one recommend it, or should I just fly and spend more time in New Orleans. I don't have a lot of time and thought it would be a good way to see as much of the countryside as possible. Any advice? Thanks very much
Should I catch the train from NYC to New Orleans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 2 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 3 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 4 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 5 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 6 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 7 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 8 New York City and New England
- 9 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 10 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 12 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 13 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 14 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 15 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 16 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 17 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 20 Best Destination in USA
- 21 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 22 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 23 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 24 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 25 x mas