My husband and I will be flying in to Greenville, NC mid Nov. for a short trip over to the Outer Banks. We will arrive on Thursday afternoon and have thought about driving to the Nags Head area for the first night and then work our way south to Beaufort and then back in to Greenville for our evening flight home Sun. We will just stop along the way and see things as we go. I know we will probably want to see the Wright Brother museum and a lighthouse. Would like to spend time in Ocracoke---have heard that it is unique place. We might have time to see wild horses, but I know that that is farther north. What are some things we must make time to see and maybe some suggestions on where to stay. We are 50 and very laid back, like non-touristy type places, like to eat where the locals eat, and we like B&B's. We also like to walk on the beach. How is the weather usually in Nov.?
Short trip to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 2 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 5 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 6 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 7 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 8 Maui vacation
- 9 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 14 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 15 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 18 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 19 WISCONSIN
- 20 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 21 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 24 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 25 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!