My husband and I will be flying in to Greenville, NC mid Nov. for a short trip over to the Outer Banks. We will arrive on Thursday afternoon and have thought about driving to the Nags Head area for the first night and then work our way south to Beaufort and then back in to Greenville for our evening flight home Sun. We will just stop along the way and see things as we go. I know we will probably want to see the Wright Brother museum and a lighthouse. Would like to spend time in Ocracoke---have heard that it is unique place. We might have time to see wild horses, but I know that that is farther north. What are some things we must make time to see and maybe some suggestions on where to stay. We are 50 and very laid back, like non-touristy type places, like to eat where the locals eat, and we like B&B's. We also like to walk on the beach. How is the weather usually in Nov.?
Short trip to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 2 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 3 Cross Country RV Trip
- 4 Texas
- 5 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 6 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 7 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 8 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 9 Universal Orlando
- 10 Where locals eat - Charleston, South Carolina
- 11 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 12 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 13 Hotels Philly
- 14 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 15 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 16 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 17 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 18 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 19 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 20 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 21 California
- 22 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 23 Deep South sept 2015
- 24 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 25 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York