My husband and I will be flying in to Greenville, NC mid Nov. for a short trip over to the Outer Banks. We will arrive on Thursday afternoon and have thought about driving to the Nags Head area for the first night and then work our way south to Beaufort and then back in to Greenville for our evening flight home Sun. We will just stop along the way and see things as we go. I know we will probably want to see the Wright Brother museum and a lighthouse. Would like to spend time in Ocracoke---have heard that it is unique place. We might have time to see wild horses, but I know that that is farther north. What are some things we must make time to see and maybe some suggestions on where to stay. We are 50 and very laid back, like non-touristy type places, like to eat where the locals eat, and we like B&B's. We also like to walk on the beach. How is the weather usually in Nov.?
Short trip to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite Fire
- 2 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 3 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 4 Lodging - Yosemite
- 5 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 6 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 7 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 8 Road Trip SW
- 9 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 10 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 11 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 12 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 13 An RV trip along the coast
- 14 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 15 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 16 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 17 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 18 Fancy dining
- 19 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 20 Charlotte restaurant help
- 21 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 22 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 23 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 24 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 25 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs