My husband and I will be flying in to Greenville, NC mid Nov. for a short trip over to the Outer Banks. We will arrive on Thursday afternoon and have thought about driving to the Nags Head area for the first night and then work our way south to Beaufort and then back in to Greenville for our evening flight home Sun. We will just stop along the way and see things as we go. I know we will probably want to see the Wright Brother museum and a lighthouse. Would like to spend time in Ocracoke---have heard that it is unique place. We might have time to see wild horses, but I know that that is farther north. What are some things we must make time to see and maybe some suggestions on where to stay. We are 50 and very laid back, like non-touristy type places, like to eat where the locals eat, and we like B&B's. We also like to walk on the beach. How is the weather usually in Nov.?
Short trip to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First visit in New Mexico
- 2 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 3 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 4 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 5 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 6 Maine in latter half of September
- 7 Grand Marais?
- 8 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 9 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 10 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 11 Colorado trip
- 12 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 13 10 day Northern California Itinerary
- 14 Cape cod and Acadia
- 15 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 16 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 17 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 18 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 19 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 20 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 21 Grand Teton in October
- 22 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 23 adams morgan - safety
- 24 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 25 Minneapolis-Where to stay?