My husband and I will be flying in to Greenville, NC mid Nov. for a short trip over to the Outer Banks. We will arrive on Thursday afternoon and have thought about driving to the Nags Head area for the first night and then work our way south to Beaufort and then back in to Greenville for our evening flight home Sun. We will just stop along the way and see things as we go. I know we will probably want to see the Wright Brother museum and a lighthouse. Would like to spend time in Ocracoke---have heard that it is unique place. We might have time to see wild horses, but I know that that is farther north. What are some things we must make time to see and maybe some suggestions on where to stay. We are 50 and very laid back, like non-touristy type places, like to eat where the locals eat, and we like B&B's. We also like to walk on the beach. How is the weather usually in Nov.?
Short trip to Outer Banks
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near Public Theater
- 2 San Antonio
- 3 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 4 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 7 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 8 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 9 Oahu Information
- 10 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 11 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 12 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 13 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 14 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 15 Group Tahoe Ski/Snowboard Feb Trip Planning, help!
- 16 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 17 Savanah Sojourn
- 18 One day in Washington DC
- 19 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 20 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 21 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 22 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 23 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 24 RIP Judy Rogers
- 25 Fun restaurants in New Orleans