My husband and I will be flying in to Greenville, NC mid Nov. for a short trip over to the Outer Banks. We will arrive on Thursday afternoon and have thought about driving to the Nags Head area for the first night and then work our way south to Beaufort and then back in to Greenville for our evening flight home Sun. We will just stop along the way and see things as we go. I know we will probably want to see the Wright Brother museum and a lighthouse. Would like to spend time in Ocracoke---have heard that it is unique place. We might have time to see wild horses, but I know that that is farther north. What are some things we must make time to see and maybe some suggestions on where to stay. We are 50 and very laid back, like non-touristy type places, like to eat where the locals eat, and we like B&B's. We also like to walk on the beach. How is the weather usually in Nov.?
Short trip to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 3 Washington DC in Spring?
- 4 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 5 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 6 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 7 Arches National Park in a day
- 8 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 11 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 12 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 13 Looking for Next Destination
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Broadway this week
- 17 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 18 Union Square area restaurant
- 19 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 20 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 21 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 22 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 23 Richmond highlights?
- 24 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 25 Weekend in NYC