My husband and I will be flying in to Greenville, NC mid Nov. for a short trip over to the Outer Banks. We will arrive on Thursday afternoon and have thought about driving to the Nags Head area for the first night and then work our way south to Beaufort and then back in to Greenville for our evening flight home Sun. We will just stop along the way and see things as we go. I know we will probably want to see the Wright Brother museum and a lighthouse. Would like to spend time in Ocracoke---have heard that it is unique place. We might have time to see wild horses, but I know that that is farther north. What are some things we must make time to see and maybe some suggestions on where to stay. We are 50 and very laid back, like non-touristy type places, like to eat where the locals eat, and we like B&B's. We also like to walk on the beach. How is the weather usually in Nov.?
Short trip to Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 2 New York Trip
- 3 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 4 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 7 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 8 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 9 palm desert, CA
- 10 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 11 late-night DC restaurant
- 12 Balloon fest hotels
- 13 Philadelphia ?
- 14 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 15 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 16 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 17 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 18 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 19 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 20 Houston in September
- 21 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 22 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 23 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 24 El Paso to Kansas City via Texas
- 25 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide