To get rid of any confusion, the New York Legislature just made apartment rentals for less than 30 days illegal. The governor signed the law in a surprise move (many thought he would veto it, as he had threatened). This is very welcome news for NYC residents since it should free up some apartments that have been used by fly by night "B&B"s. If you have been using VRBO or Craigslist to find cheaper, larger accommodations in the city, I'd really urge you to cancel any reservations and book a hotel room. I suspect the city will start cracking down on illegal rentals now, and buildings will be more proactive in banning them.
Short-Term Apt Rentals Now Illegal in NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining in Manhattan
- 2 New York City Christmas Trip
- 3 Cafe Sevilla – Best Tapas Restaurant
- 4 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 5 From Seattle airport to the city
- 6 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 7 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 8 Colorado Skiing
- 9 American Honeymoon in March
- 10 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 11 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 12 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 13 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 14 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 15 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 16 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 17 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 18 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 19 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 20 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 21 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 22 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 23 Middle America in October
- 24 visit to HIghLine
- 25 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live