To get rid of any confusion, the New York Legislature just made apartment rentals for less than 30 days illegal. The governor signed the law in a surprise move (many thought he would veto it, as he had threatened). This is very welcome news for NYC residents since it should free up some apartments that have been used by fly by night "B&B"s. If you have been using VRBO or Craigslist to find cheaper, larger accommodations in the city, I'd really urge you to cancel any reservations and book a hotel room. I suspect the city will start cracking down on illegal rentals now, and buildings will be more proactive in banning them.
Short-Term Apt Rentals Now Illegal in NYC
View all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 2 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 3 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 4 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 5 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 6 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 7 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 8 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 10 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 11 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 12 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 13 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 14 Vero Beach FL
- 15 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 16 Question about Boulder area
- 17 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 18 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 19 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 20 Savanah Sojourn
- 21 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 22 San Antonio
- 23 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 24 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 25 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter